Do you look older or younger than your real age?

We should all have done guessing with photos :haha:

I suspect I look ancient now since having Sophie....

I will be 25 in January and I am told all the time that I don't look my age. I have even been accused of using someone elses id. SMH

Im 24 and look about 16 I always get asked for id when out but do find when im with the Kids say doing a food shop and I buy wine I am starting to get asked for id less yippee

I think I must look quite young. All I know is that people don't take me very seriously a lot of the time. I'm 27 and I'm a nursing student. People on placements (who I don't know) often ask questions about whether I live off my mum and dad's money, or when I was pregnant a few were quite open and rude about it 'clearly not being planned' because I was so young and a student. Someone who I'd never even seen before came over when I was sat watching an operation the other day and told me, "If you continue sitting like that you'll look like a 90 year old man soon". Not that I think it's acceptable to speak to any 18 year old like that, but I just know that the way people speak to me is related to the age they think I am. I just don't think they'd ask someone 'older' about their financial situation the first time they met. It makes me feel a bit stupid. They tend to be extremely surprised when I say I'm married with a family and had full time jobs etc before, and I do get treated differently afterwards.

Mainly it just makes me very sure that I won't speak to 18 year old students in that way after I've qualified, because I know how daft and young/naive it feels to be on the receiving end. We've all got to start somewhere, were they never young trainees or something?!

Same here! Im a student nurse and have just turned 25. People ask if I live with my parents and when I say I have a daughter they say I don't look old enough.

When I say I have a four year old they are even more shocked!

I definitely get treated on placement like a little girl :dohh:

I think I must look quite young. All I know is that people don't take me very seriously a lot of the time. I'm 27 and I'm a nursing student. People on placements (who I don't know) often ask questions about whether I live off my mum and dad's money, or when I was pregnant a few were quite open and rude about it 'clearly not being planned' because I was so young and a student. Someone who I'd never even seen before came over when I was sat watching an operation the other day and told me, "If you continue sitting like that you'll look like a 90 year old man soon". Not that I think it's acceptable to speak to any 18 year old like that, but I just know that the way people speak to me is related to the age they think I am. I just don't think they'd ask someone 'older' about their financial situation the first time they met. It makes me feel a bit stupid. They tend to be extremely surprised when I say I'm married with a family and had full time jobs etc before, and I do get treated differently afterwards.

Mainly it just makes me very sure that I won't speak to 18 year old students in that way after I've qualified, because I know how daft and young/naive it feels to be on the receiving end. We've all got to start somewhere, were they never young trainees or something?!

Same here! Im a student nurse and have just turned 25. People ask if I live with my parents and when I say I have a daughter they say I don't look old enough.

When I say I have a four year old they are even more shocked!

I definitely get treated on placement like a little girl :dohh:

Exactly, it is like being treated as a little girl! It's not always so much what people ask but the way they ask it. Like they'll ask if my mum pays my rent and I can just see them thinking that they want to confirm what they already believe about me is true.

Hope your studies are going okay! x

I will be 31 in a couple weeks...I think I look my age

I'm 25 and guessing I look younger as always getting id'd for everything!

I always looked young for my age always got id. When I was 25 I went to shop with my dad, didn't have I'd on me, but I tried to buy a bottle of wine, they wouldn't serve me. My dad was like she's 25! Never mind il buy it.....but they refused to let him buy the wine too, then refused to sell him the larger he was trying to buy for himself.......incase he gave it to me:haha: my dad was fuming! Lol

But now (29) I look haggard, huge bags under my eyes, been through so much, I think it has aged me.....a colleague thought I was in my mid to late 30s a few weeks ago :cry:

I'm 31 and get told I look anything between 18 and 24. I seem to be looking younger, maybe the vegan diet? ;) Because when I had my youngest I had more hospital and midwifery staff asking if he is my first baby than I even experienced with my first baby-when I said he is number five, they nearly fell over! I also don't smoke, don't drink, eat mostly natural foods (though I love the occasional coke and cake), always stayed out of direct sunlight, only use pure olive oil soap on my face and coconut oil for moisturiser and then only if my skin is really dry. I think a lot of it is genes too, my mum's side of the family have really young looking skin and features, there is a photo of her great grandmother who was 52 at the time and in 1918 when the photo was taken that would be getting into elderly territory, yet she looks about 30 in the pic. My mum looks late 40s and is mid-60s as well. My husband though people think he is in his 30s or even 40s :haha: I don't think he really looks old but he looks a bit serious and always had a mature looking face, he is actually nearly 3 years younger than I am :haha:xx

Im the same, I have been vegetarian since I was 5, am t total so drink no alcohol, drink mainly water and have a fairly healthy diet. I think it makes a difference that I don't often wear make up, most of the people in my side of the family could pass for younger

Im almost 34 and people think im mid 20s. I used to get ID'd all the time. Not since having LO though, I think he has aged me :D

People often seem shocked when I tell them I am 20. DH is 35 and gets IDd whenever he buys beer!

I get told anything between 22 and 45 hahaha.

Go on, how old do I look?

559799_395731003887067_1212221858_n.jpg

58515_412505445542956_1144712853_n.jpg

You look great alicecooper, I love your eye colour! I'd guess about the same age as me, I'm 29.

I'm 26 and look about 17 because of my height very annoying.

Im not really sure. I never get asked for ID so i assume i look my age (23) unless i look really old lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->