Do you look older or younger than your real age?

I still get ID'd all the time and often get given an under 16's ticket at the cinema! I'm 23.

I am 32 and get told I look 23 :D I love it!! Not sure i actually look that young though, but i don't look like most 32 year old's either.

I am 24 & always get a shocked face when I tell people my age. They always tell me I look 15! It annoys me tbh as I'm guessing its because I'm so short & still have acne :( xx

I'm 27 and I still fairly regularly get ID'd

Id of said late 20/early 30s Alice.

You look great alicecooper, I love your eye colour! I'd guess about the same age as me, I'm 29.

thank you, and yes I'm 29 :thumbup:

(30 in 12 days time. Nooooo! *cries* )

I'm 30 in May, strangely enough I'm not bothered at all. All of my friends are gutted about turning 30 but I'm quite looking forward to it. I hope you have a great day, do you have any plans?

I'm 23 years old. I'm married, and I have two toddlers and another one on the way. I look a lot younger than I am. When I had my first son at 20 years old, his NICU nurse asked me if I was going to go back to HIGH SCHOOL. :dohh: It's quite annoying most of the time. I get ID'd for everything. Even NyQuil. :lol:

I'm 25 and think I look my age, possibly a year or two younger! I'm happy with that, I hated being young and always wanted to pass for older! I really love ageing, is that weird? :haha:

You look great alicecooper, I love your eye colour! I'd guess about the same age as me, I'm 29.

I'm 30 in May, strangely enough I'm not bothered at all. All of my friends are gutted about turning 30 but I'm quite looking forward to it. I hope you have a great day, do you have any plans?

Thank you. haha I wish I wasn't bothered about it. DH and I are going out to a nightclub. MIL is going to stay over at our house and look after the kids.
Actually although I'm looking forward to a night out, I'm kind of dreading it too. It'll be the first time we've left DS3 overnight (he's spent an hour or two with MIL before, but only during the daytime).
He co-sleeps and breastfeeds through the night so I'm so worried about what's gonna happen. He WILL take expressed milk but we've not attempted it at night time.
I have a feeling MIL is in for a rubbish night, and therefore so is DS3, and on balance I think I'd rather stay home but DH is insisting I have a night out for my birthday.
I DO want to go out, but not if DS3 is going to have a rough night.

if you had asked me a year ago (without make up i am going on) I would easily have said personally i think i look younger and would regularly get asked my age/id'd when buying things

now with alot of health issues cropping up i would say i look older (again without make up. with make up i can still make myself at least look my age!) hopefully when properly medicated i can start looking normal again! (and hopefully younger again)

EDIT to add: I'm 27 FYI

I'm thirty. I was always told I looked older when I was younger, could easily pass for 18 when I was 14/15, and think I still look older than my age as I can't remember the last time I was asked for id!! :haha:

Thank you. haha I wish I wasn't bothered about it. DH and I are going out to a nightclub. MIL is going to stay over at our house and look after the kids.
Actually although I'm looking forward to a night out, I'm kind of dreading it too. It'll be the first time we've left DS3 overnight (he's spent an hour or two with MIL before, but only during the daytime).
He co-sleeps and breastfeeds through the night so I'm so worried about what's gonna happen. He WILL take expressed milk but we've not attempted it at night time.
I have a feeling MIL is in for a rubbish night, and therefore so is DS3, and on balance I think I'd rather stay home but DH is insisting I have a night out for my birthday.
I DO want to go out, but not if DS3 is going to have a rough night.

Yeah I remember that feeling when I was bf, I know you shouldn't but it makes you feel kind of guilty doesn't it? I'm sure your ds will be fine though and if your mum has any issues you'll only be a phone call away. Go out and have some fun!

Im 22 and depending on how much sleep ive had sometimes I look older and sometimes younger lol. Some people tell me I don't look old enough to have two kids, others are shocked when I say iI'm only 22. Ive definitely aged more since having rory as at 17 months old he still doesn't sleep well x

I think I must look quite young. All I know is that people don't take me very seriously a lot of the time. I'm 27 and I'm a nursing student. People on placements (who I don't know) often ask questions about whether I live off my mum and dad's money, or when I was pregnant a few were quite open and rude about it 'clearly not being planned' because I was so young and a student. Someone who I'd never even seen before came over when I was sat watching an operation the other day and told me, "If you continue sitting like that you'll look like a 90 year old man soon". Not that I think it's acceptable to speak to any 18 year old like that, but I just know that the way people speak to me is related to the age they think I am. I just don't think they'd ask someone 'older' about their financial situation the first time they met. It makes me feel a bit stupid. They tend to be extremely surprised when I say I'm married with a family and had full time jobs etc before, and I do get treated differently afterwards.

Mainly it just makes me very sure that I won't speak to 18 year old students in that way after I've qualified, because I know how daft and young/naive it feels to be on the receiving end. We've all got to start somewhere, were they never young trainees or something?!

I found this for a long time I had a real thing about it and used to get paranoid ppl were talking down to me. I still get it a lot at my older kid's school because they're teenagers and I look a lot younger than all the other parents I know they make assumptions about whether or not I am/was a teenage single mum. It really annoys me, at my son's parents eve the other day, one of his teachers asked me if I live in a flat which I thought was a weird question. I was like um no I live in a house and I'm married not that it would be any of her business if I did live in a flat, wtf!

Lol that is so random! me and dh lived at my parents with LO before we got married to save up and get a mortgage and when we got our house at least several people went to me 'oh so the council have found you a flat then?' when I mentioned me and my OH moving out from my mum and dads. Even now when I tell people I'm settled down with a toddler they'll quite often ask if we're living with my mum and dad and when I say no it's a 'how long did it take on the waiting list for a flat then?' Lol! There's nothing wrong with having a council flat (infact we did want to go down that route but when we were told 4 year wait, we had no option but save up at parents) but it's just soo silly how people make these weird assumptions!! I've also started at a christmas temp job recently and when I mention I have a little boy people are a little surprised but not overly, it's when I mention that I'm also married that people are like "seriously???! no way!' and really shocked which I also find so strange lol xx

i've also got into a habit of asking people at my new work how old they think I am, guesses range from 15-19 lol. I have a round baby face, am fairly (although not overly) petite and just have quite young babyish features :( xx

I must look younger as my OH has to buy alcohol for me. I'm 24.

I look younger than my age usually I think. But not underage. I can do myself up to look my real age or close to it, but if I'm just out with no or little make up I look about 20

I got ID'd for a lotto ticket!! I'm 26 tomo, have 3 kiddos and was doing the weekly shop! lol. I always get told i look young :(

I'm 21 but have been told I look about 15 or 16. It never really bothered me before, but now that I'm pregnant I feel really self conscious.

About 6 months ago I was walking towards a high school for work purposes (I'm a social worker) and as I got to the steps the bell rang and somebody said "you'd better hurry or you'll be late". I was absolutely mortified that I was taken for a school girl, but I suppose I should be flattered really.

I get ID'd for booze and sometimes for lottery tickets, and I'm 22.

I'm 31 and I think i look my age, especially with makeup (and I wear makeup 90% of the time).

People tell me I look younger. I constantly get ID'd at the liquor store and the 2 new guys on my team at work thought i was 25 up until yesterday at our work's christmas party.

I actually prefer to look my age than 25. It's hard enough in my industry being female let alone people thinking i'm in my 20's.

I took DD to see Father Christmas today with my DH. I took the photos whilst hubby held her. After they'd had a chat, Father Christmas asked DD if she'd like a gift and then said: "Perhaps your big sister could get one for you?" :haha: Given that I am almost 30 years old and my DH is only 36 this raised a lot of questions!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->