Do you still exercise?

Mild Mango

Reaction score
Just wanted to find out if you ladies are still exercising like you did prior to your BFP. If so, what types of exercise do you do? What was your routine prior to getting pregnant? Have you modified your exercise routines now that you're pregnant?

Prior to getting pregnant, I exercised maybe 2-3x per week. Mostly yoga and pole fitness, and occasionally zumba. I'm considering going back to yoga, since that seems pretty harmless. I think I will have to give up pole fitness while pregnant because there's always that risk of a serious fall. As for zumba, I'm still undecided. Not sure if I'm supposed to be jumping around like that (I plan to ask the doctor at my first appointment).

I did not used to do any extreme exercises prior to my BFP. Used to be weights, treadmill and eliptical in the gym. I also did stretches and yoga. After BFP I have not done weights, but I have continued with eliptical and treadmill. Modified my stretches and yoga so that it is suitable for now. Doc said to continue with walking, swimming and light yoga unless otherwise advised by her. I am considered low-risk.

With my current pregnancy, I was running daily before I found out I was pregnant. I still kept up my running for most of the first trimester, until I started getting dizzy and light headed because of the extra blood flow. My doctor was very happy with me running for as long as I could, though. I did switch to walking and sometimes go for a light jog, even yesterday at 36w6d, I went for a jog.

My doctor told me that Zumba is great while pregnant, and you'll very often see Zumba instructions working throughout their pregnancies, sometimes up until the day they go into labor! I would definitely cut out pole fitness just because I would worry for my baby, though. Have you made an appointment with an OB/midwife yet? Even if you haven't gone in for your first appointment, you should be able to speak with a nurse about whether or not you can continue your activities and what you should alter!

I lifted heavy weights 3 x a week and did cardio like brisk walking and elliptical 6 days a week pre pregnancy. I've kept up with the cardio, just dialed down the intensity a bit and down to 3-5 days a week. Weights I still do 1-2 x's a week and have cut my weights more than half....I was lifting pretty heavy weights (for me) pre-pregnancy. Now I've got them 35lbs and under and I suspect that once I get an actual bump I will lower them more and possibly cut out altogether further along. Just depends really, I listen to my body and it lets me know what I can and can't do in the gym.

I am not much of a gym workout person but I walk and do pretty intense yoga 3-4x per week, which I still do. I won't do prenatal yoga until I am too big to do regular yoga, because I want the good workout still. I just tell the teacher before class because certain poses you can't do and I want them to know why I am sitting certain things out. No intense abdominal work, no deep twisting, and don't go upside down. Everything else is ok. In fact yesterday I participated in a yogathon and we did pretty intense yoga for over 4 hours total over the course of the day. There were many pregnant ladies who were much much farther along, which gave me hope that i can still be active in another few months. I plan on staying as active as possible for as long as possible. In the summer I also swim and kayak and plan on still doing that as well. Exercise in pregnancy is fine. Just don't over do it, stay hydrated, and dont push yourself too hard. Listen to your body. Im not a runner, so I wouldn't start running now, but don't they say if its an exercise that you are used to its OK?

I do everything I did before I was pregnant, I just don't push myself as hard if I feel winded. Running, stairs, weight training.

I do Zumba once a week, and I try to get some treadmill and/or ab workouts in a couple times a week as well. There is a girl in my Zumba class who is probably 5-6 months pregnant and she does the workouts just as well as everyone else :)

I ran 3-5 times a week before I got pregnant and then up until 6 weeks I was carrying on as normal (though not pushing myself). I started bleeding at 6 weeks so decided to give up running until I'm 'safely' in second tri. Doctor didn't say I had to but we discussed bedrest and decided me taking things a bit easier would be a good idea for now. I'm high risk due to previous miscarriages and preeclampsia.

I am an avid walker, and I have continued doing that since I've found out I was pregnant. The only thing that has ever bothered me is the heat, which is affecting me more than normal, so I try to avoid the warmer parts of the day.

I do a bootcamp 3 times a week. Still going as baby is so well protected and it will help to keep my weight down! As my pregnancy progresses I still plan on going and just making the exercises easier!

Unfortunately not. I was in training for Tough Mudder and training/running in the mud twice a week, Metafit once a week and running twice a week. I can't do my mud training or Metafit as they are too high intensity. I couldn't do anything else as I've been so tired and sick and then had bleeding at 8 weeks.

After my scan this week I'd like to start swimming and aquanatal (it's my metafit teacher who takes it too so it's a good workout).

Last year I started running. I was planning to start again this year but my dr has told me NO exercising. My job as an autism therapist is almost too much. I really am itching to go run, but I'm following dr orders. Maybe later this summer I can start running again. I need to let off stress!

does this include weighted squats? My doctor said lifting was OK but, I'm curious about what others have done with their leg routines while pregnant.

does this include weighted squats? My doctor said lifting was OK but, I'm curious about what others have done with their leg routines while pregnant.

I just had my 12 week appt. yesterday and asked my Dr. about this. I lift weights myself and asked her what weight is ok. She told me that whatever I had been doing prior to pregnancy was ok to continue doing now as long as there are no complications or problems with the pregnancy. She said as the bump grows be careful with balance issues and of course don't do anything dangerous, and most importantly listen to your body. I was doing 85 lb squats and deadlifts prior to pregnancy and was told it's perfectly fine to continue them. I, however, have cut that weight in half just because I don't feel comfortable going that high, I am listening to my body. I would strongly advise to ask your Dr first, because it can very by pregnancy and your history what is safe to do.

I myself am doing my same routine, but no more push ups or pull ups and just dropped the weights on everything else.

I did very intense workouts prior to my BFP. Now I try to walk even if it is at home. My treadmill isn't here so I do the fast miles with Leslie Sansone

I just dropped my weighted squats from 40 to 30. I also do deadlifts and lunges with this weight. As long as you are only doing as many as you can with perfect form, it's fine. If you find yourself losing form, lower reps or weight. Make sure to squeeze your pelvic floor muscles, too.

I admit I haven't been exercising much at all. I was beginning to do running the month before bfp but the week of my bfp I started getting bad pains when I would run and I still get them, so I've slowed to just walking.

I was only using my elliptical before my BFP, and my job keeps me on my feet and moving quite a bit. But now I try to do 20-30 minutes on the elliptical most days plus I alternate the following prenatal DVDs when I feel like it:

- 10 Minute Solutions Prenatal Pilates
- Tracy Anderson: The Pregnancy Project
- Fit Mommy-to-Be Prenatal Yoga
- Prenatal Fitness Fix with Erin O'Brien
- Summer Sanders' Prenatal Workout

The past two weeks though, my MS and fatigue have been so bad that I haven't pushed myself to workout much at all :( I'm kind of disappointed in myself since I know that exercise would help with the MS overall. But when I'm in the throes of throwing up, there's no way I feel like moving around and sweating! Just today, I felt a little better and worked out for the first time this week. Hoping I can keep it up!

If you feel well and are otherwise healthy (no pregnancy complications), just keep doing what you were doing before if it feels right. If you feel extra tired or get dizzy (sometimes this happens during exercise in pregnancy because you have a lot of extra blood volume at the moment), then try something lower intensity or take a rest for a bit.

I exercised regularly 4-6 times a week all through pregnancy, doing long walks and hikes (was walking 8-15 miles at a time on the weekends up to the start of 3rd tri) and I also did yoga all throughout. I was actually at the gym working out the day before I went into labour! It meant I stayed a healthy weight, had an easy straightforward healthy pregnancy, and I think it also contributed to having an easy, positive birth experience (had my daughter at home, no pain relief, no issues or complications, relatively fast and manageable 12 hour labour).

I do Zumba and Zumba toning each once a week. I started a few months prior to our NTNP in January and feel fine doing it. There were/are some days where I'm bone tired but I gut it out. I have yet to tell my instructor (she's also expecting) but will this week. I do modify some things as needed and pay attention to my heart rate so that it doesn't get too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->