Do you swaddle?

Bec L

Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy
Reaction score
...and if so do you use a normal blankt or have you bought a proper swaddling blanket and if so, are they any good??

Thanks

We still swaddle Hannah at night, she sleeps better. We use a blanket that the hospital gave us because its nice and big and Hannah is rather long

i have proper swaddling blankets + normal ones and both do the job :) xx

we have a swaddling blanket, maddi has always responded really well to it, it really calms her down :)

Elliot hates it! he loves his freedom to stretch out and somtimes fidget too much!

We had to swaddle Jack as he would wake himself up cuz he would fidget too much! We had a swaddle blanket but he would easily get out of it, so just used a large thin sheet so he would not overheat :)

jack hates it and i brought s swaddling cloth x

Like Cheryl's Jack, Ally breaks out of his special swaddling blanket. I kind of swaddle him with a cellular blanket...but it's more like tucking him in really tight!

Tom loves it.. I just use normal blankets :)

I'm still swaddling brooklynn. I have been using a regular blanket but I did go to the fabric store this past week and got some flanelette and made some oversized lightweight blankets so she doesn't get too hot. Little thing is a bloody furnace I swear

Yeah I do occassionally,she really responds great to it.I have a swaddling blanket :)

My little girl didn't care for it too much at first. But a friend of mine got her into it again one day..lol. So now I swaddle her tighter and more frequently, she falls asleep faster.

Rihanna hates being swaddled.... she loves her arms being free xx

Tried it though with just a normal blanket xx

No i dont iether stopped when ella was 8 weeks. She kicked the blankets away anyway :lol: :dohh:

Thanks everyone. Not sure whether to try swaddling Poppy. I think she likes her arms free but if I don't 'trap' them under the covers when I tuck her into her moses basket she tends to just wave them about for ages and doesn't go to sleep. Might have a go at swaddling her just in a normal blanket and see if she likes it. Anything to get her settled at night would be great!!

I swaddle Alex and it works really well most nights. Occasionally she has nights where she wants nothing more than to move her arms around. But in general I find it great. I just use some normal sheets, seems to do the trick.

I haven't been because she seems to hate it. She likes to wiggle around and she has no problems sleeping. I can't seem to get my blanket tight enough around her... I may try one of this swaddling blankets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->