Do you take offence more

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Abz1982, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

To random comments on things like Pictures and vids as you get older?

I just took offence to a comment on a vid of me riding. Its all of 1.17mins, and some wee CHILD comments my trot is bad (I do 2 secs of it at the end!) and that the jump is not 1.10m. Which to be fair it isnt, its a tad OVER.

I need to learn to let things slide I think!

But I also have to remember that there are a lot of bitaches in the horse world.There are super nice folk to.............but there do seem to be more not nice ones - like 60/40 not ice/nice.

2. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

no im very easy going so would tend to laugh it off. xxxxx

3. MiissMuffet

MiissMuffet Well-Known Member

i used to do horse riding and found that th "horsey people can be some of the most bitchiness people u will ever meet! dont take offence to it hun they are just trying to make themselves feel better by belittling others :hugs:

4. Whoppy-pop

Whoppy-pop Amelia-Rose

I have a very critical eye when it comes to riding, but mainly when it's my own! There is no way I'd post a comment on someones video or picture though, even if I was thinking it! I would be tempted to post back asking the child to keep their misguided opinions to themeselves and come back when they've moved onto horses!

5. MiissMuffet

well said :thumbup:

6. Abz1982

I did think of doing that, but was like..................will I look like I am picking on a child? haha.

I would love to know how they figured the jump was no way 1.1m without knowing a)height of jump wing and b)size of the horse. fools!

7. nikkip75

nikkip75 Well-Known Member

haha the same sort of thing happened to me a few weeks ago.

my friends little girl (think shes 8) tagged me on one of those facebook things where it has loads of questions and you have to put a name in each box, hope you know what i mean!

anyway she tagged me as "POOR"!!!!

i felt like replying im not friggin poor!! my OH probably earns more in a week than your mum and dad do in a month!!! BUT then i remembered shes only 8 and probably heard me moaning about money one time and thought oh they must be poor :haha:

i tend to take offence to a lot of things lately :shrug:

8. MiissMuffet

:haha: oh my!!

9. sabby52

sabby52 Mother, Nanny

you do know it wasnt her that tagged you ?? its dont randomly by facebook !!! I only found this out when I done one myself, I thought I would get to pick the people but no it was done for me :dohh:, ask Wobbles :flower:

10. MummyJo

MummyJo Mummy to 2 girls!

I don't think I take offence more but I'm less willing to put up with crap iyswim?
    So things do seem to other people that they bother me a bit more then before.

11. Eala

Eala Mum of two gorgeous girls

I agree with the coments about the horse world being soooooo bitchy. I was President of the Riding Club at ,y Uni, and I'm still amazed at the attitude some people in that club had. Like thinking I shouldn't be President because I only rode at Intermediate level... As though that matters when it comes to the admin of running the club :rofl:

That's sad that little kids are doing it too though! Just ignore it, you know the reality, and the kid obviously needs to make herself feel better by crticising someone doing something she can't!

12. nikkip75

nikkip75 Well-Known Member

oh god its a good job i didnt say anything then or i would have made a child cry, upset my friend and made a total fool of myself :rofl:

13. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

It would depend on what it was, im a very self critical person anyway, so it would depend on if the person was being constructive or just downright rude

14. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

I'm always been quite forthright and have become more so I think as I've got older (or at least more wise!). I also found that pregnancy and then the tiredness of being a mum means I'm shorter tempered and more snappy! Whoops! I find it hard to take a step back but I do try to sometimes.

15. Aidan's Mummy

Aidan's Mummy Mummy to Aidan and Oliver

That would maybe offend me

I horse ride and I have found people in the horse world can be VERY bitchy

Juts say Come back when you have finished riding the ponies and when you know how hard it can be to control a fully grown horse

So what if your trot is perfect its not dressage you were jumping and sometimes the horse automaticly speeds up the trot/canter as they approach the jump and its can hard had to slow them without them ending up refusing

I'm sure you two looked great :hugs:
    xx

16. Abz1982

The funny thing is, that he is currently being a riding school horse teaching folk to ride and they all love him :D. He has a very nice non bouncy trot so the guys love him ;) as he is a nut saver. lol.

Bah, stupid children..........I cannot believe I am letting them get to me. I forgot how childish I can be some times.

17. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

The horsey world is VERY bitchy I agree! x