• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think having a Natural and Homebirth section on BnB is utimately a good thing?

Faun... you sound like you had an amazing birth experience. I'm hoping for a natural birth in a birthing centre (I'm not quite confident enough for a home birth) and it would be great to hear the experiences of people who have been gone down that route.
I hope you have time to share more :)

There are lots in this post you might like to read.
https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/496228-positive-natural-birthing-stories.html
XxX

Here's my two cents:
Before creeping into the natural parenting section, I never thought there was an option on how I diapered my child. I never realized how much I really wanted to breast feed. I never thought of getting a sling to carry my baby around in. But I very quickly became sucked into the world of "natural parenting" and my wallet is sooo thankful for that :haha:

And just like the NP section, I creeped into here and realized how much I actually want a water birth. And after reading all the home birth stories, I've decided that I really want a HWB.

I think the fact that the section is filled with people asking questions, telling stories, etc. makes it feel much more possible for other people just creeping in. When you're getting preached at about something you're less likely to actually try it. But when you see a bunch of women talking normally about it you feel more "connected" to them and what they're saying. Kwim?

I think the fact that the section is filled with people asking questions, telling stories, etc. makes it feel much more possible for other people just creeping in. When you're getting preached at about something you're less likely to actually try it. But when you see a bunch of women talking normally about it you feel more "connected" to them and what they're saying. Kwim?

I think this is a really good point Croc! And the great thing about this particular thread for me, is that it has made me realise there are lots of women like yourself that do read the section but not post.

I'm so happy that you and others have expressed your thoughts and continue to use the section.

Thank you
XxX

I am really grateful for a section like this. On most forums it is limited to a thread or two of regular people who share common interests. A whole section is fantastic!! I too feel kinda like a fraud but a total advocate of women empowered to birth without a doctor telling them how long they have until they get sliced and diced. I'm a strong believer in interventions being overused and c section rates so high that it is unfortunately becoming accepted that it is normal to have one instead of a medical emergency or required to prevent trauma and distress to baby and mum.

I won't bore you with the details of my births but I longed for a natural birth and preferably a home birth but it was not meant to be as I had preeclampsia and my baby and I were both at risk of being seriously injured or killed in the process. In saying this, I was induced with prostins but after that it was just me and hubby and my mw. I had no drugs (except for a couple of puffs of gas which didn't work so I gave it up) and a TENs machine which I found brilliant. I was induced at 35 weeks and 38 weeks and despite my medical induction managed both without a doctor insight aside from charting the prostins. I am hoping for a birth centre or home birth this time but not getting my hopes up yet. Will wait til 36 weeks before I start getting my sights set as it usually show by then.

I think your story is fantastic. Issues such as preeclampsia really make me appreciate that we do have such a great medical understanding of birth now. As it helps to save not only so many babies but their mothers as well. What I love most about your story though is that even though you needed to be in the hospital for medical reasons you still managed to keep that mind set that as natural as possible is still the best. So many people are all or nothing. Meaning if they're in there might as well go for the whole she-bang. I would love more people to be like you.

I don't know who said this earlier,but the main thing I've learnt from this section of the forum is the power of CHOICE. Lstening to everyone's experience and stories has given me the confidence to go looking for more information to make the choices that are right for ME. Whenever I'm in third tri or in the april babies thread if anyone mentions natural/home birthing I always encourage them to have a look in here and tell them how supportive and interesting its is. It is a shame that we are becoming more segregated and it's not about pushing your ideas and beliefs onto people it's about education and empowerment.
A decision made in ignorance isn't really a choice, but if women can find out everything they want to know about about pregnancy and childbirth before deciding what's best for them at that particular time, in my opinion that is the ideal, regardless whether their choices match mine. :)

I dont know why i have never been here actually...i didnt want a homebirth as this was my first baby and i didnt know what to expect and was worried that something was going to go wrong during labour. Everyone kept i should have an epi but i was adamant i wanted to experience child birth without pain relief if possible. I was 42 to the day and due for induction that day woke up at 7am and i was in labour :) I went through 12 hours of contractions just breathing through them whilst eating a Mcdonalds and cleaning my windows :) They broke my waters at 7pm and i started on entinox (gas & air) at that point because i was progressing so quicky and the contractions were thick and fast...lo's heartrate dropped and i had to have a vontuse assisted delivery :( i was gutted as i feel now that i didnt do it myself although i did because i had to push n order for them to pull! But maybe nexxt time!

I can see what you mean about natural births not getting as many views...i think its because people like a bit of drama :lol: x

I know what you are saying but I think by just being here you'd be surprised how many people will look, lurk and read and maybe it will get them thinking.

!

I am one of them! I think you are right this section doesnt have a very prominent position, i came across it almost randomly one day. i do think it is important to have this section because a lot of women are very very narrow minded about labour and birth and how they think it should be and i think that when someone comes onto a thread and suggests not going for the c section or going for an epidural then people automatically become defensive

anywho, i dont post very much on here at all but i am a lurker lol, i have gone from not wanting to even discuss vbac, just wanted to be booked in, wheeled in, stiched up and wheeled out. if that is what i have to do for a genuine reason i will but now i really want to vbac, thanks to this section i have realised that "going with the flow" is a mental state and a way to prepare for any eventuality not a birth plan! lol

i want to say thanks ladies for making me at least question my automatic assumptions and to really think about what i want and why i felt so defensive about my emergency c section ( i still feel the need to say emergency lol)

I frequently point people in the direction of this forum when they ask about WB/HB natural Birth as they seem to come unstuck a bit in the Tri threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->