Do you think its rude

Mummytobe85

Reaction score
To ask for birthday presents??

Reason im asking is cos every year DH buys me a small gift for my b'day although i dont really expect anything and then we usually have a date night.

However, this year DH hasnt mentioned my birthday (in mid November) although i told him what i would like this year - he didnt say anything and im wondering maybe his given up :haha:

Anyway as the question was, do you think its rude to ask for birthday presents? do you expect presents for your birthday?

If it was anyone but your husband I would say no. But when it's your husband/wife I think it's fine.

Happy birthday for November! :flower:

I always send my oh links of things i might like for my birthday or christmas (same month) he usually does the same for me and i pick a few things. This way its still a surprise but its something we would like. Hes the only person i do this with tho!

id ask my husband and mum but no one else i think its fibe to ask him

I have to tell my husband what I want :roll: it just works better that way though because he's kinda clueless :rofl:

Yeah my Mum and hubby I'd defo ask for something, probs my Sister too

xxx

I suppose it would depend who it was :/ if it was my husband then yes, and same with my Mum though I don't need to ask she'll ask me what I want and if there isn't anything she gives me the money in a card, but from anyone else I would think it quite rude yeah, unless of course they asked what you wanted :) x

I always discuss with my hubby what I'd like for my birthday or Christmas, and vice versa, he tells me if there is anything he would like. I think it helps to make things easier, and we would both rather have things we want and need rather than something the other has picked and is lovely but not neccessarily perfect for us. We always end up getting each other another little present as a suprise.

I think my hubby is the only person I would actually tell what I wanted for my birthday, but I do sometimes ask close friends or family members if there is anything particular they would like, or would they like a suprise etc.

Perhaps your OH just forgot what you asked for, so maybe hint again? Or maybe he had already bought your present before you told him what you wanted and doesn't know if you should buy you the present you wanted also? I'm sure whatever you get from him will be lovely, :flower: x

I don't think it's rude to ask your OH or close family, I certainly do! :haha:

I tell my DH what I want but he does exactly the same...

Yes, hunnys, mums, sisters i think its acceptable :D

I told DH exactly what I wanted (otherwise I wouldn't have let him buy a thing) and actually ordered it myself. He would buy me jewelry, which I really have no need for more of. I told him I wanted a new camera and picked it out and ordered it. I did it a couple of months early though and he still tried to buy me something else closer, which I wouldn't let him. I did surprise him with a gift for his though, but it was something he had asked me about getting.

Yes I have to tell mine otherwise he'll get it wrong and I'll end up taking it all back!

If it's your husband it's not rude at all :D He's probably forgotten or maybe already got you something! :p

my mum and OH i would but theres never anything i want lol so i just ask for surprise :)

DH keeps asking me what I want for xmas :haha: I would with DH but not anyone else.

Yeah I think it's fine if people ask, no worries.

Although, last xmas all my family kept bugging and bugging me for what I wanted, and in the end I said very specifically mamas and papas vouchers for the nursery.
I didn't get one! I was really cross, lol. Looking back it was a bit petulant, but they kept asking and asking!!!

So this year they've been asking again, but I'm not saying anything, I just said to get me whatever they want. They are going to do it anyway, so why bother with my opinion :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->