do you think RLT and EPO helped?

lovelylaura

3 little girls
Reaction score
do you think these helped you with your labours also is there any thing you tried which you swore got your baby out? just interested to see if there is any point in doing these or not really thanks :flower:

didn't work at all for me i don't think. but i was induced in the end so not sure if that was a factor!

I think RLT definitely worked for me - I ended up having a short labour, and the second stage lasted about only 20 minutes.

I was induced, but that's fair enough because RLT isn't meant to bring on labour, just make your contractions more efficient and the second stage shorter.

Yes Yes Yes!! Definately I had a planned induction at 37weeks (IUGR) and by drinking gallons of RLT and using EPO in the 3weeks before I was already 2cm dilated, effaced and was having mild contractions. My induction ended up being awful but that was down to the hospital not allowing me to move and forcing me onto a pitocin drip, I really feel that RLT and EPO helped. The 2nd stage (pushing) was about 27mins for me which is fantastic for a 1st time labour, especially an induced one xx

Yes definitely! I was in labour for three & a half hours with my first child!!! my waters popped at 6.45 am. the mw got to mine at 9am ( planned home birth ) & i was already 8 cm dilated with no pain relief!!!!! Harry was here an hour & 15 mins later!!

.....BUT who knows if it wouldve been the same or not had i not taken RLT or EPO??!!! I know i'll take them again for my next baby anyway! :flower:

Well I loved the taste of RLT so drank it anyway and figured if it does help then great, if not it's better than a lot of normal tea. I had a really short labour so you could say yes it worked, but then I'm a scientist too so after reading many a scientific paper I decided there was no hard evidence it worked apart from in rats.... But why not try it, you've got nothing to lose as long as you follow the guidelines and like the taste!

Well I loved the taste of RLT so drank it anyway and figured if it does help then great, if not it's better than a lot of normal tea. I had a really short labour so you could say yes it worked, but then I'm a scientist too so after reading many a scientific paper I decided there was no hard evidence it worked apart from in rats.... But why not try it, you've got nothing to lose as long as you follow the guidelines and like the taste!

or just buy the RLT capsules like I did if you dont lol xx

or just buy the RLT capsules like I did if you dont lol xx

or...^WSS :haha:

My labour was only 2hours and 45mins and i'd been taking RL capsules like there was no tomorrow....I would definately recommend it. My sister recommended it to me and her labours were less than 4 hours.

Im sorry to sound silly.... but what is RLT and EPO?? Is the first one tea??
Thanks ladies :)

I drank RLT for 4 weeks before giving birth, I was in labour for 4 hours and pushed for 25 mins during that, so I will vouch for it and will be drinking it second time round but obviously will never know for sure.

Yes I'm convinced RLT helped me! I drank it from 34 weeks. Started at one cup a day & upped it by a cup every 2 weeks. My waters broke at 12.30am & pains started about 1.30am. When I was examined at 4am I was already 8cm dilated. Got to 10cm really quick after that. Not bad for my first baby! SIL also had RLT capsules (she didn't like taste of the tea) and she had a short first labour too.

Oh and my MW was a little worried about RLT she hadn't done any research into it but near to when I was due she had a woman who had been drinking it by the bucketload (way more than recommended) and birthed within the hour (first time labour) just to pass on that story!!! (But a labour that quick isn't usually very good either it can be dangerous!)

whats evening primrose oil how do you take it and what does it do ? x

RLT is raspberry leaf tea, and epo is evening primrose oil

with my first i drank rlt religiously. he was 3 weeks early, and i pushed with him for 5 or 10 minutes before he was born.

this one i drink rlt when i remember, and i'm a few days overdue. we'll see how the labour goes.

with my first i drank rlt religiously. he was 3 weeks early, and i pushed with him for 5 or 10 minutes before he was born.

this one i drink rlt when i remember, and i'm a few days overdue. we'll see how the labour goes.

When did you start drinking with your first ?

When did you start drinking with your first ?

around 32 weeks i think. it was a pretty stressful time so a lot of its still a blur, :/ i'll see if i can find any old posts on it.

I think RLT is from 32 weeks & EPO is from 36 weeks... if other ladies are reading this please do your research first as EPO very early on in pregnancy can actually cause miscarriage so PLEASE make sure you take the correct doses at the correct point in your pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower:

In a nutshell to the girls that asked RLT can be taken as a drink or as a tablet & it kinda "tones" your uterus to make your contractions more effective/efficient...

EPO come in capsule form & soften your cervix to aid dilation etc etc

Thanks I've been drinking RLT the last week or so a little late but better late than never I a actually like the taste and I found some EPO in the house yesterday and remembered that you could take that aswell but I just wondered if it really does help or not lol but I will be doing both now its got to help a little :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->