Do you think they will induce me?

Laws2008

Reaction score
Hi everyone

This is my first baby, so if this is a stupid question I apologise in advance.

Since my first fundal height measurement, I have always measured at least 4 weeks larger than I should be. I had a GTT at 28 weeks and the result was negative.

I went for a growth scan on Tuesday and they measured her at just under 40 weeks (I was just 36 weeks at the time) and estimated her weight to be 8lb 6oz. They sent me for another GTT and this has also come back negative. The fluid around her is normal, so it's not fluid that is making me bigger.

I've been reading a few posts about people being induced because of the size of their babies, and just wondered whether I should be asking about this because nobody's really telling me what's happening. I see my midwife next Friday, but feel like something should be happening or I should be doing something!

She's put on 1lb a fortnight on average since I was 25 weeks, so I'm a bit worried that if they leave me another 4-6 weeks, she may be 10lb or 11lb! I'm relatively small so this worries me a little bit!!

My consultant told me that at 40 weeks if your bump is bigger then it should be by 3cm then they will scan and if baby is predicted to be over 5kg they will induce. Anything less then 5kg they will just leave you to it. Its worth asking at your next app though as i'm sure different areas have different guidelines. Not sure what 5kg is in lbs though but my last baby was 4.75kg and weighed 10lb8oz!

Did it hurt a ridiculous amount giving birth to a baby that big?

It really wasn't that bad i managed with no pain relief at all and only had a small second degree tear but its all about getting in the right positions i found moving around lots and swapping positions really helped. Also being as relaxed as possible take in some music you love to distract you and drink plenty of fluids if you need pain relief ask for it the midwifes are there to help you and can suggest lots of different things to make labour more comfortable.

I am in the same position. Having another growth scan today but have been told that I will not be induced early or get a c section merely for having a big baby. Gutted! They are estimating he will be at the 10lb mark at 40 weeks. Arghhhh! I am small too and am worried about it. This is my first and I am 38 weeks. Baby hasn't yet engaged and I can't help thinking it's because his head is too big to get in my pelvis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->