• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

do you think vitamins make any difference?

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
What type of vitamins do you take and can you see/feel the difference?

When I took them during pregnancy I noticed a difference. the thing I noticed the most was my hair and nails looked great and felt stronger. I had to stop taking them as it was making me go to the toilet a lot. Apparently they can do that if your body stores too much and it needs to get rid of what it don't need.

At the moment I take iron, vitamin B, coconut oil capsules, and a multi vitamin. The iron is for anaemia but I don't feel it helps, I'm still exhausted a lot! The coconut oil is for my skin and immune system- skin it doesn't seem to help, but I do seem to be less ill. Multi vitamin I don't really notice any effects. Vitamin B I take to prevent mouth ulcers to which I am prone, and it works wonders! My mum swears by Cod Liver Oil which she forced down us daily for the first decade of our lives and swore it kept us from getting sick, though in retrospect we were sick normal amounts, and my little sister was forever getting pneumonia and things, so dubious about that one! She's now changed her obsession to achenacia, a vile liquid that you put in water and is meant to stop people getting ill. Not even worth it, it's worst than shots.

I take omega 3, iron & vitamin c and zinc. I don't feel as tired and my hair seems to be growing quicker. I'll still take them as it's more inside effects I take them for.

I take hair,nails and skin by Holland and Barrett and I have been on it for a few days. I will update in a few months.

I always try to take vitamins with iron because I know that's something I lack in and always have, they definitely make a difference to how tired I feel. My friend swears by the hair, skin & nails vitamins but I've never really noticed a difference myself when I've tried them.

If I take slow-release B vitamins I don't get so tired. Haven't noticed any difference in any other vitamins.

i take pregnacare multi vitamins, and before that i took pregnacare conception and i definitely notice a different in my hair and nails but not sure about anything else! i was taking cod liver oil for a while and it was really good for the skin on my hands.

She's now changed her obsession to achenacia, a vile liquid that you put in water and is meant to stop people getting ill. Not even worth it, it's worst than shots.

no way, i love the taste of echinacea so much! devastated that i've had to stop drinking the tea in pregnancy. holland and barrett used to do echinacea kids lollies and they were the best, wish they still did them :cry:

I take iron every day now cause I'm anaemic. When I didn't I could sleep for 8 hours straight and wake up exhausted. I wake up naturally now after 5-7 hours and feel great. They make a huge difference to me

i take pregnacare multi vitamins, and before that i took pregnacare conception and i definitely notice a different in my hair and nails but not sure about anything else! i was taking cod liver oil for a while and it was really good for the skin on my hands.

She's now changed her obsession to achenacia, a vile liquid that you put in water and is meant to stop people getting ill. Not even worth it, it's worst than shots.

no way, i love the taste of echinacea so much! devastated that i've had to stop drinking the tea in pregnancy. holland and barrett used to do echinacea kids lollies and they were the best, wish they still did them :cry:

Well at least some one can spell it :haha:

It's so gross! Makes me feel really ill. Then again I'm a dead fussy eater!

that's from googling 'echinacea lollies' so much :haha: google corrected me so much that I eventually learned it haha :)

I take vitamin B complex-I was taking a very high strength one with the same amount of b12 as in injections but I switched to a normal strength one as I couldn't get a clear answer as to whether that much b12 is safe while BF. I also take high strength d3, I definitely notice a big difference if I don't take them. I also take iodine in the form of dried kelp powder, it's not normally recommended to take kelp but in the UK the soil is iodine poor and iodine isn't added to salt either, the only thing it is added to is animal feed thus ending up in animal products, the one I buy is quite pricey but stringently tested for any kind of contamination and that the iodine levels are safe and consistent xx

I don't take any. I'm considering taking multivitamins and iron, because I always feel crap and drained :/ But I'm awful at remembering to take medicine!

i think i need to take some vitamins but havent a clue which ones to take and where to start.

i need some to sort my hair out, as its sooo limp and naff nowadays i need something to thicken it up, as it feels likes its thinning.
need something to help with my tiredness plus skin, any advice or help on what to take would be great!

I don't take any. I'm considering taking multivitamins and iron, because I always feel crap and drained :/ But I'm awful at remembering to take medicine!

this is me. i never remember.

if you arent deficient ou don't need ore.

i think i need to take some vitamins but havent a clue which ones to take and where to start.

i need some to sort my hair out, as its sooo limp and naff nowadays i need something to thicken it up, as it feels likes its thinning.
need something to help with my tiredness plus skin, any advice or help on what to take would be great!

I'd see a doctor if you're tired all the time, some blood tests will determine if you're low on anything. Your doctor can prescribe iron if that's the cause of the tiredness. Otherwise a general multivitamin might be a good place to start :)

this is me. i never remember.

I keep my iron pills in the kitchen cause they're absorbed better if taken with food. So I always see them on the bench as I go to sit down to eat.

^ thanks, I have hypothyroidism, so i put my constant tiredness down to that.

will try a multi vitiamin plus a bit of iron too :)

The only difference I reall notice is that my nails grow faster when I'm taking pre-natals.

I take a pregnancy multi vitamin as well as a spirulina supplement and I've run out and I can definately feel the difference. I especially notice when I don't take my spirulina. It gives me so much more energy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->