Do you think your OH....

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Will be any good when your eventualy in labour?

If you have all ready got children what were they like?

Not sure about my OH, id like to say that hed be great but is a bit on the sensative side and i dunno how hed react to me screaming like a banshee:rofl:
Only time will tell i suppose!

i think he'll do great...
if we watch birthing shows on tele (ok, I watch, he just catches glimps of it from behind his computer)
every now and again he goes "i'll do that too" when a hubby is doing something nice.
yay hehehe

i always thought james would be great, and he was amazing! throughout my pregnancy, labour and now she's here! can't wait for no 2 :happydance: x

Chris was great i was supprised, i think andrew will be great too maybe he wont know what too do with him self at first but i think he'll soon wake up n be alright haha

i think andrew will be great too maybe he wont know what too do with him self at first but i think he'll soon wake up n be alright haha

I think he may get light headed and have to go out for some fresh air! or go puke up lmao

My OH is usually not very good with illnesses- always freaks out when he sees stuff on tv, or when other ppl talk about their experiences, but... whenever its me thats sick he is brilliant! Its like he flicks a switch in his head when its me that needs looking after- he seems a completely different person! So im hoping thats what'll happen when im in labour! I think he'll be very good!

My DH was wonderful! He kept me company when I had to go in for a c-section @ 4 something in the morn he was awake and wonderful. He kept me awake long enough to catch a glimpse of Kathryn and have a quick hold too (I was sooo drugged up, I passed out as soon as they took her back again). And he was my rock through my recovery. I don't know what I would have done without him, he helped me to the bathroom, walked me around, changed the diapers and everything. He's still great, and does most of the "night shifts" so I can get a bit more sleep.

Absolutely. I have no doubt in my mind that Tim will be amazing. He is exactly the type of person you want around in any sort of "event" and is always able to calm me down and make me feel better.

xxx

Absolutely. I have no doubt in my mind that Tim will be amazing. He is exactly the type of person you want around in any sort of "event" and is always able to calm me down and make me feel better.

xxx

What Pops said - H is great and a clam influense on me - he will be fab x

I was really surprised by how calm my OH was, he was really good and encouraging. He did confess afterwards he did freak out a bit when things started to go a little bit wrong but he didn't show it at all x

I hope mine will be great but he said he didn't want to be there when i gave birth as doesn't want to see all the bits! I said he will bloody will be there, he can stand at my head!

I think my OH will be a bit of a pansy. He fainted and had to be fed biscuits by the nurses when I had a blood test done! Maybe he think that trick'll work twice!

I only hope he faints and doesn't puke though cos I have a puke phobia so bad I've jumped out of a bus window before now!

I think my OH will be good with it all. He is very protective of me and very caring of how I feel. Even when Im not feeling good...he is very attentive :blush: I just love him soooo much:happydance::cloud9:

Chris was amazing! He also was with me during my emergency c-section and guarded that baby like a true father! Plus he was so helpful and wonderful and still is, especially on Sundays when I have to take a nap before work, and today he and Liam were both super sick and he still was a trooper! <3 him!

My OH was perfect - except during the long pre-labour and early labour bit in hospital he got crazy bored and him being impatient kind of upset me!

But once things got serious he was perfect... although... for me 'perfect' was STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!!

I think the midwife, my OH and my mum could have left the room and not only wouldn't I have cared, I may not have noticed!

Then, he was great, I had to have an emergency C-section, they started as quickly as possible and the brought him in half way through the operation... they brought him through passed my open belly - you know passed all the blood, internal organs and general grossness! - to where I was emotionally wrecked and he looked at me with love and strength and confidence and held m hand, and with him by my side, everything was going to be okay... if even the slightest trace of disgust from what he's just seen was shown on his face, I'd have fallen apart!

The same as we as woman tap into the greater knowledge when we're in labour and we just pull this amazing strength from our bodies, the fathers also somehow just know what is needed of them.

Chris was amazing! He also was with me during my emergency c-section and guarded that baby like a true father! Plus he was so helpful and wonderful and still is, especially on Sundays when I have to take a nap before work, and today he and Liam were both super sick and he still was a trooper! <3 him!

Hehe, it was so funny when the midwife came to do Jasper's blood test to make sure he was perfectly healthy, and they had to do a heel prick, and Jasper wouldn't bleed properly, and so she had to squeese his foot and then prick him again, while he's screaming and screaming! It was awful! My OH got really angry and after about a minute of this he was not yelling, but very very firmly questioning the need to do it and his tone was kind of scary!The midwife pretty much bolted out of the room, quietly suggesting she'd come back later...

... seriously.... I thought my OH was gonna punch the midwife! And even though I know he wouldn't, I'm sure he wanted to!

My partner was really good, I spent 3 or so hours in the shower and he had to hold the shower hose on my back and belly. I didn't scream or anything plus he had to watch her come out coz there was no room near my head in the shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->