Do you tidy before you have visitors?

MiniKiwi

Reaction score
I'm sure it's pretty normal but just wondering if anyone is as nuts about it as I am? I can't handle people coming into my house if it's messy.

So do you tidy before you have guests? Or is your house just usually in a state fit for visitors? Or! do you just not give a crap?

I always try to make sure the house is presentable for visitors.. At bare minimum the living room and the washing up done. Depending on the visitor if ds1 has toys all over I tend to ignore that. My oh is less caring and has had friends over with the house in any old state.. It really annoys me!

Yup, bare minimum no dirty dishes, wipe surfaces in bathroom and run the hoover round!

It depends on who is coming over. If it is my mum or my best friend, I don't really care. If it is anyone else, I try and make sure that the rooms they will see are tidy.

I try and keep the house generally tidy (with the exception of toys lying around) all the time so I don't need to tidy up beyond washing the dishes and picking up clothes that are lying around (OH is always leaving his clothes lying around :growlmad: ) if visitors come round (although thats a rare occurrence anyway).

im such a snob when it comes to my house i cant stand mess regardless of visitors yet when i go to other peoples houses i wouldnt even notice if its messy or tidy :haha:

My house is always presentable incase of unexpected visitors but when I know someone's coming over I make sure it's spotless lol x

Yep, I ensure my house is pretty spotless before anyone, even close friends, come over, I can't handle it otherwise. Everything has to be in its place, all hoovered and mopped, bathrooms must be cleaned, kitchen all wiped down and cleared... Would love to not stress so much about it but I just can't, I love seeing my home with everything as it should be, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

Yep, I ensure my house is pretty spotless before anyone, even close friends, come over, I can't handle it otherwise. Everything has to be in its place, all hoovered and mopped, bathrooms must be cleaned, kitchen all wiped down and cleared... Would love to not stress so much about it but I just can't, I love seeing my home with everything as it should be, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

This.

I have too much pride in my home!

I deep clean if people coming over, at moment is messy for us (toys on floor) as been I'll with hyperemesis and my little girl is first priority and have no energy. We are doing major cleanup this weekend

Yes!

I don't even let my mum call without giving the place a clean!

Most of the time, yes. Or lock my bedroom door if it's too messy. :lol:

If somebody pops by unannounced I dash around frantically virtually on the verge of tears if it's a mess lol :blush: You simply HAVE to keep on top of it in this house as otherwise it would just become unliveable pretty quickly lol. Saying that I go to playgroup on Thursday and usually end up inviting somebody back for coffee/lunch and invariably I've not tidied up from the morning, whilst rushing to get out. So I then have to hope I can do the worst of it before they notice.

Cleaning - nope the house is always clean.

Tidying - depends on who's visiting, hubby using the dining table as his office, half of it is always covered with his papers, contracts, etc. They are organised but it's still a mess, if it's family visiting, I'm not bothered with tidying the table, if it's friends I ask him to tidy the table, all other parts of the house are generally in a good shape

If it's my family I give the bathroom and kitchen a thorough clean and also the study/guest room as they come a long way so usually stay for a few days. For OH's family, I give the bathroom a quick wipe and will make sure the kitchen is tidy but I've seen the state of their bathrooms so I'm not too fussy about it!

For friends, I do a general tidy and wipe the bathroom.

For somebody we don't know well, I clean the bathroom properly and make sure everything is tidy. I may even break out the hoover (we have wooden floors so normally I don't bother).

Really depends who is coming. At a minimum we'll always tidy up since DH just leaves his stuff everywhere but if it's people we don't know super well I insist on deep cleaning. Don't want to give them the wrong impression! :)

I can't stand it if anyone enters my house and it's not perfect! OCD lol. Everything has to be clean and tidy, regardless of visitors. I tidy up toys as she goes...

Yep, I have to. I'd feel embarrassed if someone came round and the place was a tip.

A HV came for a surprise visit last week as she was in the area and wanted to check I was okay cos my HV left work suddenly for a bereavement and I was lucky that I'd just finished cleaning lol. I hate unexpected visitors!

Yep but even when i have tidied up it is still a shit hole :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"