Do you tidy before you have visitors?

My friends couldn't care less tbh, it's just me. They never tidy before I go to theirs. I just feel like I have this 'organised mummy who can keep on top of everything' image to uphold. Kind of tiring, but I've done this to myself. Wouldn't be so bad but on top of making sure all is tidy, clean and in it's place, I rush around ensuring my hair and makeup are perfect, freshly prepared healthy snacks for people are prepared, the kids are dressed up nicely... Really wish I wasn't so OTT about it all

I think you should go easy on yourself, that sounds like a lot of effort. I bet your friends would actually prefer it too in all honesty

I make my house as perfect as possible, definitely. Sometimes things are out of my control such as wet clean washing. At the moment with the weather in the UK i'm fighting a losing battle with that, but I always apologise for it !! Think i'm a little OTT though. I'm a perfectionist.

I have a utility room and this is the only room I let get in a mess usually. Not a mess but there's usually a pile or ironing, nursery bag etc in three

Apart from today, today my house is in a mess so the blinds are closed.. I had way too much wine and just can't be bothered, though it will be done before I go to bed. There is no way I could sleep knowing Id be getting up to a mess

I try and keep the house generally tidy (with the exception of toys lying around) all the time so I don't need to tidy up beyond washing the dishes and picking up clothes that are lying around (OH is always leaving his clothes lying around :growlmad: ) if visitors come round (although thats a rare occurrence anyway).

This is me too, obviously there are times I'm ill etc and the house is a mess, and my room is always full of piles of laundry to put away, but other than that the house is usually fairly presentable.

Yes I tidy as we go so house is always decent. May have a few toys on the floor but we only have one box in the living room so never too bad.

Yeah, I tidy up too much, I like the house to be immaculate. The health visitor popped over unannounced once, and the house was a mess, and she was happy that that was what she likes to see, rather than an unnaturally clean home!

If somebody pops by unannounced I dash around frantically virtually on the verge of tears if it's a mess lol :blush: You simply HAVE to keep on top of it in this house as otherwise it would just become unliveable pretty quickly lol. Saying that I go to playgroup on Thursday and usually end up inviting somebody back for coffee/lunch and invariably I've not tidied up from the morning, whilst rushing to get out. So I then have to hope I can do the worst of it before they notice.

Man this made me giggle! Sounds like myself :haha: But seriously, you have three small kids, mothers coming round after a playgroup would NEVER expect an immaculate home!

Yep but even when i have tidied up it is still a shit hole :rofl:

:rofl:

I have to tidy up a bit otherwise they'd have trouble finding the chairs! I don't dust or mop floors or anything, just make sure the toilet is clean and have a quick hoover. I don't know how you girls have the time for anything more!

My house is always clean and usually presentable apart from a few toys here and there so it's easy to tidy if someone is coming over. If it's just my friends, I'm not too fussed about what my house looks like because we're all on the same level of how tidy your house can actually be with kids :lol:

Yes always! I'm always tidying anyway and house is pretty tidy but I make sure everything is perfect if someone is coming round x

Yes 100% has to be immaculate before I let anyone in! I've even turned my mum and dad away because I hadn't hoovered I'm a bit obsessive house proud!

In our place there's holly tidy- which is spotless or tom (my oh) tidy- which is basically like a bombs gone off! Bit he thinks it's acceptable lol

My house has to be really tidy for visitors, yes.

I can't relax otherwise lol.

Bit too house proud here, probably overly. In fact I'd go as far to say my OCD when it comes to a tidy house drives me flipping insane 😩

I'm a super scruf messy person, but everything must be perfect for visitors. I even swept the driveway today because the health visitor was coming ver. She saw it for all of 5 seconds!

My house is always acceptable for guests with lo toys being the only mess and that gets tidied at end of day! As for cleaning hoovering dusting mopping downstairs on tuesday and up on friday as lo is at nursery. Rest of week tidy and clean as I go along... :)

Most of the time my house is tidy, but the kids room tends to be rather messy (kids rooms don't stay tidy long)

but when I know someone is coming over it is always tidy. (its usually tidy most of time anyways) I hate when people turn up cos that's usually when its not as tidy lol

I try to tidy the house if I am expecting jests. I've been so busy recently that housework has take a. Back seat

If it my mum and dad no, but anyone else Yes it has to be cleaned I wish I could be more relaxed about it but I can`t. xxx

If I know someone's coming, I'll at least take care of any dishes/kitchen mess and do a bit of straightening up, but I usually won't go to the point of dusting or vacuuming. If there's baby stuff everywhere, so be it. They should have known what to expect walking into a house where there's a baby.

story of my life.

https://www.urgentcarekids.com/wp-content/uploads/funny-parenting-ecard-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back