Do you tidy before you have visitors?

I clean my house every day, whether someone is coming or not.

But if someone is coming over, I turn super OCD crack head on this house and clean things I don't normally care about.

I donto anyone that comes to visit me is doing just that, visiting me, not inspecting my house. Take me as I am

I think it depends on how i feel or who is visiting.. Our house is always tidy anyway, but things like the dishes, hoovering and polishing are usually the last things we do... I hate washing dishes, so its the OH that does them.. And hes pretty lazy, so they usually get left until an hour before bed, when theres a huuge pile... But if we have guests he'll do them before they arrive and ill probably polish around. But besides toys cluttering up the place, our house is usually clean enough to not stress if we have unexpected visitors, so yes and no really.

I do. People just call in to my house all the time so I always try keep it fairly tidy but sometimes I just can't help there being toys lying around or washing up not done, but if I've invited a lot of people round like friends one evening then I'll make sure I do a big proper clean.

Yeah I do, I kinda feel it's a mark of respect for they're visit. They've been well received and catered for and that includes sitting in a pleasant environment!

The only person I get really wound up about is my MIL, I mean really wound up, to the point of OH and I arguing and me in tears.

This is because she has made a point of singling out a cobweb I have missed, and one year OH and I were wrapping xmas pressies in the lounge and they came over unannounced, and because presents were on the floor, selotape, bows, bags etc. She fist pumped the air and said "Yes, this place is a mess!"

There have been a few other incidents over the years but it really has made me paranoid.

The bitch of it is her house is a disgusting 99% of the time and stinks of dogs :dohh:

Yes I do but it probably still isn't as spotless as most peoples' houses! I really don't get people who clean everyday and have a constantly spotless house. It's a struggle to keep things almost tidy and washing/washing up etc done with work and LO!

Shockingly, these days my house is almost constantly spotless so I don't really think about it! I think it's a mixture of being a single mumma with no male mess to have to clean up after and having my OCD mum as my landlord :haha:

Yes I do but it probably still isn't as spotless as most peoples' houses! I really don't get people who clean everyday and have a constantly spotless house. It's a struggle to keep things almost tidy and washing/washing up etc done with work and LO!

I'm like this! My house is liveable but I don't think it has ever been 'spotless', I just don't have the time for it.
I've only ever known one person with kids whose house is spotless and that's my auntie, her house looks like a show home whenever you visit. I always imagine that whenever she's not busy cleaning she just sits there perfectly still in one room so as not to make any mess :lol:

I'm like this! My house is liveable but I don't think it has ever been 'spotless', I just don't have the time for it.
I've only ever known one person with kids whose house is spotless and that's my auntie, her house looks like a show home whenever you visit. I always imagine that whenever she's not busy cleaning she just sits there perfectly still in one room so as not to make any mess :lol:

Pity you can't teach kids such skills!

i right now have company over every sat so i mad clean thurs/friday. lol i am so like that pic hahaha. I normally don;t have people over so yes the dishes are done and basic stuff, but tidy haha. I'm a single mom to a toddler that wakes up a ton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->