Do you tidy before you have visitors?

Yep, I ensure my house is pretty spotless before anyone, even close friends, come over, I can't handle it otherwise. Everything has to be in its place, all hoovered and mopped, bathrooms must be cleaned, kitchen all wiped down and cleared... Would love to not stress so much about it but I just can't, I love seeing my home with everything as it should be, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

Exactly the same!

Not usually, no. My house is normally in a 'presentable' state though (well since I had a huge declutter). If it's family or close friends I will just check the bathroom is clean and that the hall is decent, as they're our two hot spots.

If it's someone I don't know well or have never been round I'll re hoover, wipe down the kitchen, clean picture frames etc though.

Totally depends who it is.... I have a friend that is really messy so wouldn't be any point tidying my mess for her. Lol. Xx

If I know they are coming I will tidy otherwise they will see it in a mess,Im not bothered :)

it's crazy that all of you do clean/tidy up before guests come visit. but most of the girls i know in real life do not, actually, the men i know are cleaner/tidier than girls. maybe those messy ones aren't answering to this thread.

to answer your question, yes i do try to tidy up or clean before a known visitor arrives. but my home is usually presentable, maybe coz i have neighbors that come over unannounced all the time, so i got used to keeping my home clean and tidy. but it could also be that now i am married and have my own house, i take pride in my home.

but to clarify, i am not saying i am completely OCD, i have my "hide the mess" drawers and closets. I do have a thing about everything having its place though. so if they are not in their right place, i get annoyed. as far as cleaning, our whole house is tiled, so it is quite a workout keeping the floor clean all the time, especially when we have a dog that sheds crazy, so we have a no shoes in the house policy, then i don't feel inclined to have to mop all the time.

Yes, I clean everyday but make extra effort when visitors are coming x

No I don't unless they're coming to babysit ds and then I make sure his room is cleaned. Bathroom is cleaned weekly, and wiped half way between, I might time that with whoever is visiting if it's not my mil or bestie.
I often have to move things off the sofa so people can sit unless I'm expecting them.
If I'd invited someone for eats then the kitchen would be clear of dirty dishes.
The surfaces are wiped daily anyway and the cupboards are cream so get a clean every 10-14 days.
But we have piles of stuff and toys everywhere so they can take us as they find us.
Xx

Yes, I try to keep the house somewhat presentable by doing a bit of cleaning every day (if theres time) but do a better job if I know someone is coming over :). Usually I won't put away DS1's toys, he helps put them away before bedtime.

Yes, I try to keep the house somewhat presentable by doing a bit of cleaning every day (if theres time) but do a better job if I know someone is coming over :). Usually I won't put away DS1's toys, he helps put them away before bedtime.

so true. that;s what i do everyday, i dust every other day while i am waiting for water to boil for my tea or waiting for the coffee pot to get done. and swifter whenever i have time so i dont have to drag the big vacuum out. i wipe toilet seat all the time as not have nasties stuck lol doing little things really do help with the big cleaning, alot less time is needed so the house can be presentable all the time. oh and i do not want my house to be spotless, cannot keep it spotless for one, second, if i do that, hubby will expect that and no unless he does his job 100% i am not doing mine 100% LOL LOL LOL i am terrible.:happydance:

House is always presentable. I hoover every day, washing up is done, bathroom cleaned and lo is preety good at putting toys awaywith help. I do have a never ending wash pile and dh tends to leave books and his shirts drying everywhere. When people come over everything gets a good wipe down and make sure the light fittings get a wipe which dont get done often as i hate heights and that includes standing on chair that i need to reach

I will say come in middle of day you may find craft stuff sprinkling floor like glitter, collage stuff lol as i will clean that one lo is done

My house is pretty much always ready for visitors

I'd be mortified if someone turned up and the house wasn't tidy.. I'm a bit OCD though

Definitely. I can't stand mess so tend to clean and tidy as I go through the day.

My house is always reasonably tidy as I clean every morning so if I'm expecting visitors I don't need to tidy up really. I don't get many visitors though lol

It depends who is visiting! If it's my parents, if it's not too untidy then I don't bother much as I know they're not bothered by what my house looks like. If it's my inlaws then I do as I know they tend to judge people's houses and would think I was lazy or messy, so I usually try to have a tidy up and Hoover before they visit :thumbup:

Yeah, I don't really get guests but when I do this image is very appropriate...

some-ecards-6.jpg

Yeah, I don't really get guests but when I do this image is very appropriate...

View attachment 731121

Love that, we don't go crazy on cleaning am usually doing something with lo, as long as it isn't messy, if things arnt perfect I am not to bothered. There are stains on the carpet up stairs (downstairs all tile or wood) but is just where lo has played and I don't want to stop her having fun on a fear of a mark on the carpet, carpet can be replace, making memories cant. My dad was saying the other day that when my older sister was 2 she scribbled in a book he had for work, when he got home my mum said to my sister that she better tell dad what she had done, it wasn't a huge deal at the time, my dad still uses the book and he says everytime he sees that scribble it gives him a good memory of when she was just little, I kind of see a few marks on the wall as the same thing, the hand prints on my window make me go ahh as I can see where my little girl has been watching the birds, and at one point (cleaned now) where my cat had managed to bash the window as he ran into it trying to catch one of the birds, with a nice wet nose mark (cat was not harmed more embaressed and shows windows were clean as he ran into them or could show more my cats have no brains lol), my house looks lived in but no one could accuse us of being untidy. I was bought up with the desperate clean when my parents had visitors lol. My mum was laughing she found her nhs cost exemption card from nearly 30 years ago which shows how long since their cupboard have been cleaned lol. I sometimes wish I had a cleaner lol as I hate cleaning. I seem to be nesting early this pregnancy. I was scrubbing every inch of the bathroom today and the skirting board was bothering me. My MIL gave me a heart with the following poem which I love ' cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up as we've learnt to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep' I kind of live by that philosophy, so a pp posted more cleaning gets done in 10 minutes before visitors lol though if any one came over any time they wouldent see a messy house, I just don't like people seeing any mess haha

My friends couldn't care less tbh, it's just me. They never tidy before I go to theirs. I just feel like I have this 'organised mummy who can keep on top of everything' image to uphold. Kind of tiring, but I've done this to myself. Wouldn't be so bad but on top of making sure all is tidy, clean and in it's place, I rush around ensuring my hair and makeup are perfect, freshly prepared healthy snacks for people are prepared, the kids are dressed up nicely... Really wish I wasn't so OTT about it all

I hate unannounced visitors for this exact reason.Over the weekend I tend to slack a little with the cleaning with OH being home as he is very messy. Monday I do a whole house clean though. I try to keep the house presentable daily though. If someone turnt up now the worse they would see is some toys in the lounge, an empty dr pepper bottle on the sideboard , a few dishes in my sink and my butter out that I haven't put away yet. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->