Do you worry about being told the wrong gender?

hunni12

Mum To Rj&WTT#2
Reaction score
I keep asking them to check for a girl still each time lol

It can happen but f they have double cheked im sure they get it right more than not! :D

Yeah, a friend of mine was told she was having a girl, got all prepared and out popped her son! In England you get one scan when they can tell and if they can't see then tough luck. A private scan costs about £80 where I am and I can't justify it so I am really worried. Especially since DD has her heart set on a sister, so if we get told girl and have a boy she'll be upset

I worry about it tons. We've had it confirmed twice (once at a 16-week private scan and once at a 19-week medical scan) but I'm still worried. Thankfully we will be having another medical scan in 3+ weeks and we'll probably have another private 3D scan early in the third trimester... so I'm hoping there will be no surprises at birth. We are all very excited for this baby girl, but my youngest daughter (8) is over the moon excited. I'd hate for her to be disappointed once the baby gets here.

I don't worry about it actually.
We found out last week that it's a girl and we could clearly see the three lines and my dr looked at it from every possible angle. I'm lucky i get a scan at pretty much every appointment so if it really isn't a girl it will definitely be noticed before baby is born.

But i am confident i'm carrying a pink bundle 😊

It happened to a girl I know 3 scans all said boy when they handed her the baby she said it cant be mine this is a girl :haha: They got it wrong big time most shops exchanged the clothes but not a lot could be done for the blue walls.

With DS I had a few extra scans and got them to check each time, havent had my 20 week scan yet but will be finding out I also have scans booked for 28, 32 and 36 weeks so no doubt I will be checking :blush:

I worry about this! I've had 3 or 4 scans since they told me two girls but I ask everyone just in case!

I've had two scans where they have confirmed its a boy. That's good enough for me :)

Ive had two scans both confirming a girl and both from 2 different providers ... we clearly saw the 3 lines on the first scan and the sonographer went over the parts 3 times as my DH had a lot of questions LOL think he was in denial

I worry about it for sure. Ours was a little wiggle worm in there and made it really hard to get a good potty shot, but the best she could get clearly shows the 3 lines which look just like DD's when we found out with her. The tech was pretty confident it was a girl before she got the picture and that confirmed it. I trust her of course as she is very experienced, but we have our anatomy scan on the 25th and I'll be asking for confirmation then!

I was certain myself at 16 week gender scan that it was a girl but asked at anomaly scan without telling her we knew and she also said girl. Could totally see the 3 lines too at the anomaly scan. It did cross my mind between the 2 scans but I'm confident it's definitely a girl now xx

I only bought gender neutral clothes for DD1 because I didn't quite trust the results (but she was gifted plenty of pink). The sonographer wrote "girl parts?" on my 20 week scan. . That one little question mark made me crazy!

This time I had nipt that says girls and I'm already trusting it more this time and less concerned about it being wrong. I get to verify at my anatomy scan in 2 weeks.

There are always a few exceptions but most 18+ week scans are correct. :)

Yes! I was told at 14 weeks and 21 weeks that I am having a girl but I keep subconsciously referring to her as "him" so I had myself convinced that they messed up and my intuitions were correct. My Dr checked again at my appt yesterday and she's still a girl. I think I can finally believe it now cause it was definitely hamburger that I saw on the screen!

Yeah, a friend of mine was told she was having a girl, got all prepared and out popped her son! In England you get one scan when they can tell and if they can't see then tough luck. A private scan costs about £80 where I am and I can't justify it so I am really worried. Especially since DD has her heart set on a sister, so if we get told girl and have a boy she'll be upset

Yep! I'm from the midlands and it was something along the lines of 'baby's legs not open? Sorry, it'll have to be a surprise' which is just silly. Luckily she was easy to see but in a family of all boys (2 brothers my side, 3 his side with all sons and no sisters/nieces), I still wasn't convinced they'd got it right even though my intuition was saying its a girl! A paid 3D scan confirmed it for us at 28 weeks, ours was about £75 for a few photos and a DVD ❤️

Yep! I'm from the midlands and it was something along the lines of 'baby's legs not open? Sorry, it'll have to be a surprise' which is just silly. Luckily she was easy to see but in a family of all boys (2 brothers my side, 3 his side with all sons and no sisters/nieces), I still wasn't convinced they'd got it right even though my intuition was saying its a girl! A paid 3D scan confirmed it for us at 28 weeks, ours was about £75 for a few photos and a DVD ❤️

I'm a bit jealous now haha! The only clinic I found that I can get to doesn't do 3D and 4D costs £119. I wish I could though but with my due date so close to Christmas and DD's 5th birthday the month after, it's not gonna happen

eeek that's a lot of money! I wouldn't pay that much 😔 We wouldn't have done it originally but being our first we thought we'd go for it, when you mentioned before you couldn't justify spending the money x

With my DS, he was not shy about showing his bits off. We had several growth scans and so we knew he was definitely a boy. This time, we are opting for team yellow so I'm more concerned about accidently seeing at our scan!

I do know someone who was told a girl and baby came out a boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->