Do your friends know your plans ??

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
The girls at work do but I haven't really said anything to my friends with exact details that we are looking to ttc in Feb (well apart from two of them)

only our parents and a couple of my friends know, one of which has just had a gorgeous baby boy after six years of trying! So she has been a great help!!

Hey!
We're ttc, and have so far only told my mum, dh mum and my best friend! I kind of figured if I told anyone else I'd maybe feel under pressure! As it is we've only been trying for 5 months and my friend is far to excited and keeps asking every month!

xx

I've mentioned to people that I may be ready, but Me and my OH don't think we're in the right place at the moment. (I feel I am - OH doesn't though. :( )
But I completely agree with Zowiey about feelin pressured!

x x x

Told one of my close friends (who doesn't really give a toss anymore, but is excited about the prospect of 'Mini Philly or Charlywyns!' (Long story)) But that's about it. My mum would start making quipps, my dad freaks me out a bit and the rest of my friends would say it's a bad idea, one would be supportive otherwise, but the other is just argumentative at the best of times, so totally not worth the hassle.

As soon as we're in a position to support ourselves and it feels right, I don't think anyone else's opinions matter tbh.

xxx

i have told my parents & sister, but not OH's family.... MIL would do my head in! only told one friend tho, may tell others but will more likely tell close friends when we are TTC, no point before then!xx

I've talked generally with my new line manager as my old one is leaving and I'm quite concerned that there isn't anyone who could manage my projects while I went on maternity leave. He has a little girl and totally understands so over the next year or so we're going to start training someone to do some of my work.

I haven't told my parents that we're WTT because they'd start going on about it all the time.

i havent told anyone yet, partly because our families were devastated when we m/c'd a year ago. they think i'm now devoted to my work for the next few years (!!!) - i don't know whether we'll say anything when we ttc in feb though. i find it hard to tell friends - not sure why but in case it doens't happen or something goes wrong again? i guess everyone deals with things differently...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->