Doc said blood test can tell gender now at 10 weeks?!

Yes just an fyi ladies that this is not a test to find out the gender. This is a test to check for trisomy 13, 18, 21 and turners syndrome. Definitely nothing unethical about it as it is saving women from having to do amnios which come with a risk of miscarriage. My Dr said he hasn't had one patient do an amnio in the past 16 months thanks to this test! And yes, it can also tell you gender if you ask for it. For me the Dr's were wrong with my first and for 2 months I thought I was having a boy and then at 20 weeks they told me it was a girl. No biggie, but I'd rather have better accuracy so I can start planning! But more importantly I'd like yo know if there are issues so I can plan for that if I need to!

I know the test is designed to test for a lot of different chromosomal abnormalities I just don't agree in also letting people know the sex as well with it. The main concern is some people will want the test with the main concern to find out the gender and that is a bit worrying.

I don't understand the worry in wanting to know the gender through a blood test if the results will be included with much needed information to begin with. I just don't get the worry.

Edited per forum rules

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum

That's insane! Am I the only one that actually prefers an exciting gender ultrasound as opposed to finding out via a phone call? Lol. Finding out early would be nice and all but I always loved the suspense of watching the baby on the screen and waiting for the ultrasound tech to show the goods, lol.

I think it's just evolution in technology and the way people are thinking about them? Our grandparents era, they had to wait until birth to find the gender and they thought our parents era was crazy for trying to find the gender via a scan. So, it might be similar now... instead of waiting to find via a scan or a birth, we find out via a blood test.

OK so we are thinking about getting this test done for several reasons. Having the bonus of gender reveal is also nice, although I have concerns. According to the research it states that they find out gender by seeing which chromosomes are in your blood. Well, if you have had prior pregnancies how can they be certain of the results? New studies have proven that some cells from each pregnancy actually remain in a mothers body for over 40 years. All the while going somewhat undetected till this point. So, how can the test be accurate if I have had 4 boys and 2 girls( one live birth/one misscarriage). I mean I am using the same science behind my question as they are behind their results.

Yes I did panorama. Found out at 9.5 weeks we were having a girl! Best money ever invested

I've been in email contact with them and its under 100$ if your insurance covers it, but some cover it out of network still for under 100$ and they have payment plans

also i think if it tells you you're having a girl then thats 100% you're having a girl, but i think if it tells you you're having a boy it could still be a girl because it could be picking up cells from a previous pregnancy and also it could be picking up cells from previous sexual partners

Im debating on finding out gender will do everything else

There are several different variations of this test now....used to be Harmony only....I am having the Serenity version on the 9th January. I will be 11w 2d by my dates (allowing a bit of variation in case I am out slightly as you can have the test from 10 weeks).

The main reason for these tests is a more accurate determination of abnormalities such as Downs, Trisomy 21 etc etc but one of the things they can tell you (optional) is gender. We are having it to lessen the risk of having to have an amnio....I am 42 and that coupled with the triple test and NT measurement is likely to push me high risk. The Serenity type tests do NOT diagnose but are more accurate (98%+). If something comes up on the tests then you still go for amnio or CVS to confirm.

Test costs £340 plus an extra £50 if you want a scan also.

It is a no brainer due to my age

There's also a home blood test I saw on Amazon that can tell you the ginger in 2 days I think. It's 100$ and you just have to prick your finger. It only determine gender tho, nothing else

There's also a home blood test I saw on Amazon that can tell you the ginger in 2 days I think. It's 100$ and you just have to prick your finger. It only determine gender tho, nothing else

I'm ordering mine from this company called sneak peak!!! I figured its the same price I would've paid for the elective scan.

I think I did mine around 12ish weeks, but it might have been 10. The results came back within a week (all normal!) and it told us that we were having a little boy. And the ultrasound technician confirmed it a few weeks ago. Although, the blood test is more accurate than the ultrasound. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->