Doc says I'm normal, what now?

funfetti

Reaction score
My husband and I have been TTC for 7 months. I just went to my doctor for the first time a few weeks ago when I finally started to realize that things probably aren't working normally for me.
Since coming off of Nuvaring, I had 2 long cycles (37 days). Every cycle since then has been 19 days or less. With Spotting/bleeding for 15 of the 19 days. Been charting my temps but they are all over the place. With such a short cycle I have no idea when I ovulate or if I even ovulate at all. I expressed all of this to my doctor who told me that ovulation date doesn't change depending on cycle length, it's always around day 15 for everyone... That just seems plain wrong to me. By day 15, I'm already/still spotting and ready for my next AF to start. Also, I've been using an ap on my phone that says my fertile window is supposedly DURING AF. My doc said that was not possible. ???
He did say that spotting could mean that I didn't ovulate, and mentioned maybe starting some progesterone to give my body one big normal cycle and kick it into gear but before starting that said he would do some blood work and we would go from there (luckily he didn't just dismiss me for not having been trying for a year, that was my first fear).
Today I got my results back on my answering machine. His assistant said "The doctor looked at your results and he said its all normal. Have a great day!"
I guess I should be happy that my results are normal... but my question is, what do I do now??? If my results are normal, does that mean they aren't going to do anything help me? Clearly SOMETHING isn't normal if I'm bleeding for 15 of 19 days! I don't know what to do. I don't know what the next step is.
Anyone go through anything similar? Please tell me I'm not alone.

It took almost a year for my cycles to become somewhat regular after being on BC. I would try using OPKs. You can buy large amounts on ebay or Amazon and just test everyday during your cycle to pinpoint when you ovulate during that particular cycle. Start having sex before the OPK is positive and continue until it goes negative. And, of course, take care of yourself - eat well, exercise, get plenty of sleep, etc...

Hmm... I might try to find another doctor. Definitely not everybody O's on the same day, so that much at least is wrong.

How long have you been off the Nuvaring? I know when I went off BC (the patch) - I had irregular cycles for over 6 months. My DH and I decided to start trying anyway, but we really just got lucky that things worked out. Even when they did, I had weird spotting/light bleeding for over a week right when AF was due. My OB told me that it was just an irregular period and was talking to me about PCOS when the blood test came back positive lol. (FWIW - I changed doctors then too)

So... hang in there, and maybe give yourself some more time to level out from the Nuvaring, or just expect to be unpredictable while TTC.
AFM - I was so shocked at how long it took my body to adapt to being off BC, that after my daughter was born we switched to using condoms and left my hormones out of it lol.

Get another doctor!! You should not be spotting every single month. And though many women deal with irregular cycles that is NOT normal.

Eat healthy, take some good multivitamins and dump that doctor!

BC will definitely mess up your hormones/cycles. I did two shots of Depo Provera then we started TTC just to end up having 3 MC's. I definitely agree with the other ladies, get new doctor, he reads like he's a moron! Not everyone O around the same time. I O about CD12, I know other women on the forum who don't O until CD19. Definitely try the progesterone. I know extra vit B complex on top of the prenatals have helped some women lengthen their LP, but they were on oral BP, I don't know if it would make a difference since you had the ring but it's worth a try! Good Luck!

i tend to have longer cycles and O on day 21-24, deffo change your dr,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->