does anybodies dog do this?

chimmi

Reaction score
Does anyones dog detect any Changes in hormone or anything? Like when you are AF do they act weird?do they hump you when you are ovulating? Avoid you or get protective when you are pg? :)

I used to have a Staffordshire Bull Terroir when I was first pregnant and he ALWAYS used to lick my tummy. Coincidence, I don't know? But he didn't do it before or after my MC just whilst I was pregnant :haha:

They do weird things, mine is only a five month puppy but he has been crazily humping the cushion from the sofa when Im around only the last two days.. he hasn't humped anything for months! Probably a coincidence and probably his hormones but it did make me wonder..

My Staffordshire bull terrier still just sleeps every day so guessing either I'm not pregnant or she's just getting old?! Lol

My Staffordshire bull terrier still just sleeps every day so guessing either I'm not pregnant or she's just getting old?! Lol

God I wish mine always used to sleep. He just wanted to play all day every day :haha:

Haha! You are quite lucky to have a dozey staffie! I've heard loads of stories about dogs detecting illnesses and stuff, it fascinates me!

We are very lucky! Only had her 4 months, we rescued her :) she's about 9 and amazing with our daughter, albeit slightly too protective

We are very lucky! Only had her 4 months, we rescued her :) she's about 9 and amazing with our daughter, albeit slightly too protective

Aw that's lovely. We were going to rescue one but after we met them we decided our house is too small and we both work full time so it would be unfair on a dog that size and breed to be shut in for morning and afternoon (i come home at lunchtime)
So we got a crossbreed puppy and from day one he has been left for morning and afternoon stints, and hes been fab, best to start it from puppy age, he doesn't know any different! And he absolutely LOVES children, well he loves everyone and they all love him. He won the countys cutest pet competition haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->