Does anyone else have a LOT of weight to lose?

2.5 off this week.

I'm signed up to a gym but NEVER get to go. I've got a spinning bike at home though that I use every now and again xx

Oo also, my BMI is now 25.7 :) ALMOST healthy again :) 1 stone 12.5 to go!!

Well done :) How long did it take you to loose that amount and what are you doing? x

Well done :) How long did it take you to loose that amount and what are you doing? x

I started at the end of feb. And I've had a few weeks off (being lazy). And I'm doing slimming world! In my book I've actually only been to 13 weigh ins so 13 weeks of doing it properly. X

I started Feb too, the last month I haven't shifted anything, hit a massive plateau, hope the gym gives me a boost :)

Hey ladies, its been about 5 weeks since I have been on here. I have been struggling over the last month. Doing Slimming World religiously (since January) but hit a wall and lost 1lb in 3 weeks so was getting really really down. 3lb came off last week thank goodness and I have been planning my meals this week which has made a huge difference.

I am now only 1.5lb away from losing 3 stone and am really hoping that it will come off this week but I have eaten a phenomenal amount - meal planning means that I have been eating two full, proper meals a day rather than grabbing and picking at stuff so I feel like I have pigged out (even though all meals are syn free).

I am really wanting that 3 stone as I will be halfway to my target weight in only 5 months. I need to stay positive and pray that my massive portions this week are forgiven on the scales!

Just been catching up on the posts since I was last on here. Hi to all the ladies new to this thread! Good luck to you all.

Re: cycles and ovulation, funnily enough losing weight has had the opposite effect on me. Before, I had regular 28 day cycles, no deviation. Having lost weight, I am all over the place, I have been up to a week out (and panicked!) and AF just comes and goes when it feels like it!

Re: the gym, I also have a membership that my OH kindly pays for and I have been twice this year, both times to take LO swimming, which entails me doing nothing but having a gentle wander up and down the pool a few times...and then going in the jacuzzi!! I did do the C25K jogging plan on my treadmill for a few weeks but I have plantar fascitis in my feet which means I am in searing pain for months until it heals so I have given up and found the weight came off much more quickly when I wasnt exercising (although the inches still came off and I noticed a fitness improvement with the exercising).

I have a little goal of a holiday coming up. I had 8 weeks between booking it and going away. I had set a goal of 2lb a week and the minute I did that, despite being well behaved I hit a 3 week weight loss brick wall. The holiday is now 3 weeks away. Its a holiday within Britain so I dont need to panic myself into thinking of a bikini but I have a dress that I really want to be able to wear to surprise my OH (in the last 6 years, he has never seen me in a dress other than at a wedding). I bought it last year for a holiday but being 3 stone heavier, I didnt have the confidence to even take it out of its bag! I do have my best friend's wedding at the start of August too to lose a bit more for. I will be glad when they are both over and done with as it feels like there is quite a lot of pressure to lose a lot and quickly at the moment.

I'm sure you'll do it ZoMo.

I bought the 12 week countdown at slimming world. So I now have ten more weeks to lose the remaining 1stone 12.5! Which is roughly 2.6lbs a week lol. Gona be tough!! But I'm determined x

Beth, do you do a lot of cooking?If you like to play around with making new meals, I am using the Hairy Bikers diet book alongside SW meals. I dont know if you saw their 'Hairy Dieters' tv series but it was very good and the 'Hairy Dieters' book is really good, you can tweak most of the meals in there to be SW friendly (other than the puddings! :( ), definitely worth a look (if you dont already have it) as it will give you lots of new ideas for the next 10 weeks!

Weighed in today, was a bit iffy on the scales but it finally settled on 1.5lb off which is my 3 stone award! Halfway there now :) going to undo it all by celebrating with a curry takeaway on sunday and a huge nan bread which is my favourite bit and I am never allowed it!

I weigh 11 stone and a bit atm and need to lose about 11 lbs to have a healthy weight but for the perfect weight (bmi of 21) I need to lose 30 lbs..So that will be 2 stone! My waist is 32 inches, so that has to change a lot as well :) Salads here I come!

I'm lucky that I know I don't need chocolate and stuff, just gonna miss the coffee!

Also, last year before I got pregnant I lost 6 kg in 6 weeks, a kilogram a week. So I know I can do it! Have to :D

Hi everyone,mind if I join?
I have quite a bit of weight to lose,approx 6 stone,although I think 4 would be amazing for me.
I joined slimming world on 9th may and have lost a stone so far.I totally messed up this week and didnt go to weigh in on thursday but I will definitely go this week.I have increased my exersise too but finding the food really hard going.My major downfalls are chocolate and takeaways.

Hi Kerrie,

I find I totally lose the plot if I don't stay to group. The worst weeks when I just wanted to walk out the door after weighing in, I have forced myself to stay and walked out at the end refocused and determined.

Just draw a line under the week so far and get back on plan :) you have done really well so far, we all have blow outs now and again, don't feel bad, start again tomorrow!

Syn wise for takeaways you could have as Chinese for 7 syns if you have chicken chow mein and boiled rice, chase it down with a three mini twister ice creams or a Flake or a mars ice cream and thats a nice dinner which tastes naughtier than it is!

I've got a stomach bug again! That's 2 in 3 weeks! Grrrrr.

I did a stupid thing at group last week and set myself a goal for the week. Whenever I do that I get really obsessive and eat the bare minimum. Literally skip meals, eat NO syns etc. Pure stupidity. I don't even know why! But the problem is I've had a sneaky weigh in and I haven't even lost half. So I'm not doing myself any favours. Its true when they say you need to eat to lose. I feel like such an idiot and I wish to god I hadn't set myself a stupid goal.

I'm gona be mortified if come Tuesday I havent lost any :(

I set a goal every week and never achieve it!! They dont make a big deal about it in my group, whatever happens, happens!

I always scoff all my syns, I feel like I have missed out otherwise. We all retain stuff differently, we could all eat exactly the same all week, some would gain, some would maintain and some would lose.

Definitely get eating though, I stuffed myself all week last week and lost 1.5lbs, weeks when I have eaten half the amount I have gained unexpectedly. Go get yourself a bar of chocolate and enjoy it!

Oh and if you are using home scales, dont let them sabotage the week. Mine had always been reliably 1/2 lb behind the consultants then they went mad one week and told me I had gained 4lbs when I had actually maintained on the group scales. I could have gone mad and thought b*gger it and lost the plot (like I have done a few times!) based on my scales, was so glad I didnt in the end!

So... Very unexpected... I'm pregnant! :) I'm very excited, but I guess my weight loss is on hold for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->