Does anyone else not care that they ended with csec?

mummy2lola

Mum to 2 trying for 3
Reaction score
I've just read soooo many stories where people are devastated they ended up with a csec and things like that that it got me thinking that I've never once even thought about it lol everyone knows my story so knows I've had a horrid time with it but I don't even think "if I hadn't of had a csec".I don't think "I'm gutted I didn't get a natural birth" or "I've bonded less" or anything.I don't know if this is normal now lol I mean i got my baby at the end of my pregnancy that's it,there's no emotion there or anything,should I b feeling more about this one way or the other? I'm just kind of emotionless about the whole hospital stay,from beginning to end.anyone else? Xx

I've just read soooo many stories where people are devastated they ended up with a csec and things like that that it got me thinking that I've never once even thought about it lol everyone knows my story so knows I've had a horrid time with it but I don't even think "if I hadn't of had a csec".I don't think "I'm gutted I didn't get a natural birth" or "I've bonded less" or anything.I don't know if this is normal now lol I mean i got my baby at the end of my pregnancy that's it,there's no emotion there or anything,should I b feeling more about this one way or the other? I'm just kind of emotionless about the whole hospital stay,from beginning to end.anyone else? Xx

That's a great way to look at it! I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the way you're feeling. I kind of wish I felt the same.

Sometimes I don't feel too bad, but when I watch the likes of One Born Every Minute or hear other mums talking about their natural birth, I do feel like I missed out on the experience and don't feel like I really gave birth.

But like you said it's about your baby coming into the world and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter how that happens.

I feel the same way!

People keep asking if it bothers me... I'm like, nope. A lot of friends (who all had normal, vaginal deliveries) seem really surprised. I kind of look at it as though all those people who had vaginal deliveries... missed out on the experience of having a c-section! I'm not even bothered by the ugly scar (as a result of infection) or the stretch marks either.

I might be disappointed if all future pregnancies ended in c-sections as well, as I would like to experience a vaginal delivery also. But I'm not bothered by it now :)

I think there's nothing wrong in feeling this way! :flower:

I do sometimes have a sad moment where I think about my c -section because I didn't get him to hold straightaway or anything as he was rushed straight to neonatal, but thats more to do with him being prem than anything. Women usually get to hold their babies straightaway if there are no complications right?

But there was no way I was going to have a safe vaginal birth so he had to come out how he how to come out :shrug: We were hoping to get to 37 weeks but the docs had talked about taking him out from 35 weeks had he not decided to surprise us earlier so it was just never gonna happen for me.

I feel very blessed at how healthy he is now considering the complications right the way through pregnancy. I feel blessed that I appear to be relatively healthy despite being operated on for 30 minutes after he was born. I feel blessed we only had a short stay in NICU when I think how some babies are there for months.

How he entered the world doesn't really matter to me. I wish i could have had the first cuddle but his health was more important.

For me, things were the way they were and thats it - I couldnt have avoided it - so it doesnt bother me at all.

My first was c-section, breech baby and failed ECV.

Second baby was head-down and all good to go for a v-bac, but then I was diagnosed with obstetric cholastesis at 36wks so they delivered baby early by c-section as recommended.

We are all happy and healthy and thats the main thing for me!:flower:

I didnt care till I got pregnant again, I was fine about it for a long time after my first. Then the feelings of wanting a natural birth because I never had one and just wanted to experience it creeped in when I got pregnant again. I felt like I missed out. Nothing any one said or read made me feel that way its just how I felt. I got really stressed during my last pregnancy as I didnt want the c section again and they where having me in time limits when I was over due. I did get a vbac in the end and I am glad I did for myself as I have experienced both types of birth and the natural one was so much easier.

I read stories about women with 3rd degee tears who cant even pee without being in agony and kind of count myself lucky. Yes idve loved a natural birth and yes i cant drive for 6 weeks but all in all i feel im recovering pretty quickly and my daughter made it here safely!

I felt I never bonded straight away from having the section, but we have certainly made up for that now. Ideally, I would have liked to experience a natural birth but I'm not bothered I didn't, to be honest. I'm just glad my girl arrived safely. I may get a chance if I have another and go in to labour before 40 weeks, but if not I won't be too bothered as long as I have my baby at the end of it.

xx

It never bothered me either. I didn't even know that it was a problem for people until I had my health visitor come out and ask me if I needed access to any counselling services and I was like, why??? Then she explained that some women feel cheated or depressed when they didn't have a vaginal birth. To be honest, after 30 hours of labour and a failed attempt at a ventouse, I was ready for her to come out however she wanted!

I have to say though that I have been extremely lucky in that my scar healed really well and I settled into breastfeeding like I'd been doing it all my life so that probably helped.

it really annoys me & I think their pathetic.
I had a drug free natural birth & my son ended up in intensive care for 2 weeks with near renal failure.
he'll have to have checkups on his neurology for rest if his childhood.
be happy you have a healthy child & got to see them & hold them. I didn't hold him until he was a week old.

I chose a c section for my lo and me and it was the best decision for us i ever made. Xx

Feel the same here, I trusted my doc and felt like the right choice was made in the situation that arose. I got to 8 cm and LO heart rate started decelerating with each contraction, I knew there was a problem before the doc and nurse came in, I actually had DH get the nurse. I had been listening to our LO hb on the monitors for the previous 30 hours or so and knew instantly when it did not sound the same. I did not get to hold my LO after but DH put him to my face and I got to kiss him. He had no NICU time so he came straight to my recovery room. Honestly I had a birth plan and just about everything I didn't want happened LOL but I don't feel negative I am just happy about the awesome end result. Now I want to find a blinkie for c-section momma!

I was devastated!!!!!
I hated the fact I couldn't get up and comfort my crying baby, or change the first nappy etc etc

I also want lots of children and having the csec means I have less chance of that now :(

I was just happy that LO got here safely! I was exhausted and a mess when they told me so i got a bit upset but i think that was more the gas and air plus the fact im scared to death of the thought of being cut open!

I would have liked to have been able to hear LO first arrive into the world though, my spinal failed so they had to knock me out. Thats the only bit i am disappointed about. But still LO needed to get out and they did what they did cause they had to and im glad they did :)

I'm glad I had a c section as I was terrified of giving birth. The only thing I missed out on was skin to skin straight away but I came round to my OH doing skin to skin so that was lovely.

it really annoys me & I think their pathetic.
I had a drug free natural birth & my son ended up in intensive care for 2 weeks with near renal failure.
he'll have to have checkups on his neurology for rest if his childhood.
be happy you have a healthy child & got to see them & hold them. I didn't hold him until he was a week old.

I'm sorry for the trauma you obviously went through and I hope your son is well but I think branding people as pathetic is a bit harsh. I had a c section because my daughter was breech. I didn't want a section and it irritated me when doctors, midwives etc said it was "elective" - I didn't feel like I had a choice so for me it wasn't elective. My daughter arrived safely and I am grateful for that but I am still disappointed that I didn't experience labour or the feeling of achievement at delivering my baby. I don't think that makes me "pathetic".

I definitely didn't feel "devastated".

At the end of the day, my baby came out happy and healthy. I was more shell shocked I think. I thought I'd lost her when they couldn't find her heartbeat (when she was still inside me) and that was the scariest moment of my life. I couldn't hold her straight away but I got to see her little face as she was shown to me over the screen. Absolutely beautiful.

It was the hormones afterwards that buggered me up. I didn't manage to breastfeed her so that upset me. We'd both end up sobbing as I so desperately wanted to feed her but she wouldn't/couldn't latch so would cry inconsolably. I felt so sorry for her. I should have just gone onto bottles earlier. Would have saved a lot of stress & tears!

I don't regret the c-section at all. If I'd tried a natural birth she might not have made it. I have my beautiful daughter who I adore. I'd have another c-section if I needed it but I'd prefer it to be planned so I can get prepared. I know that isn't always possible but if we'd known LO was breech before I went into labour it would have saved a lot of panic! I was completely unprepared which I think made it harder to recover from. I was all prepared for a water birth! LO had other ideas. I'll know what to do for next time if it happens again :)

I don't feel cheated - EMCS due to LO being breech and no-one realising until I was in hospital @ 6cm having been in labour for only a couple of hours. I'm just glad LO arrived safely. The only person who has really gotten to me with her comments was my mum - she has a bee in her bonnet that I didn't know what it was really like to give birth and the pain. I put her straight in no certain terms that I'd rather that LO was here and well rather than go through a normal birth and be arranging her funeral.

I fell incredibly lucky to have LO and no I didn't get to hold her straight away but DH did and midwifes/Drs were brilliant and LO was put onto my boob as soon as possible and she stayed there for a good 90mins!!

Not in the slightest. It doesnt bother me at all. Had I not had a section neither I nor lo would be here now. After three days and FTP I was relieved when they suggested it!

Doesnt bother me, I had an emergency c section but did experience labour until 8cm - at that point they couldnt find my babies heartbeat. Of course I would have loved a natural birth but when I tell ppl I didnt come round until 2 hours after my baby was born they seem shocked and come out with all kinds of stupid things about bonding, so what if I missed the first two hours, my baby is totally perfect and got to spend the first few hours of his life with his daddy! People also seem to think that a c-section is the easy route to take, they obviously havent had a c-section! Someone above said they cant have lots of children now because they had a c-section? Thats not true as far as Im aware, I would like a big family too - Im planning to deliver naturally next time but if it doesnt happen then never mind x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->