Does anyone recommend clearblue fertility monitor?

AllStar

Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi, sorry, I'm popping over from ttc. We've been ttc our third for almost a year now and I'm worrying (I worry about everything!) about the age gap. I wanted a similar gap between 2 and 3 as we have with 1 and 2 but it's not happening. By the time ds was dd age I was 8 months pregnant!

I don't know what's different this time as we got lucky first month trying with ds and only a few months in with dd.

I'm considering the clearblue fertility monitor as I have slightly irregular cycles and was looking for your opinions and experiences with it.

Thank ladies :)

LOVE the cbfm! I was having reasonably regular (27-30 days) but knew I ovulated late. However I didn't really appreciate how late and it turned out we had been missing o every month. Anyway first month with cbfm and I got my bfp so yes, I would definitely recommend!!

Good luck to you x

This was my experience, I had also posted in the ttc forum so sorry if you've read it [this was the month I got my :bfp: so thank goodness for the opks!]

I have a beef with CBFM after this past month!

My first month I had like 11 days of high's before peak and also used cheapie wondfo opk's - I understand it's likely to get a lot of high's the first month so I figured whatever.

However, this was my 2nd month using it and I was still getting low's on cd 18 [I do ovulate late but I was surprised I wasn't even getting a high yet]. I had planned to stop using opk's b/c I figured I was spending so much on the cbfm it was just too much to keep doing both - luckily I still had some opk's left over so on cd 18 I used an opk and sure enough it was totally 100% positive! The cbfm jumped from low to peak the next morning [cd 19] but my dh leaves for work before me and we sometimes can't BD until 11 p.m.! Fertility friend & ovufriend both showed that I ovulated the SAME day I got my first peak w/ cbfm [cd 19] so I very well could have totally missed O this month if I had relied solely on cbfm...as it wasn't even high first we weren't planning on :sex: for baby...

So, thanks to the opk's for me b/c based on them we ended up BDing the night of cd 18 and the morning of cd19 and one of those times was magic!

I'm not saying don't get the cbfm, just don't solely trust that alone.

I fell pregnant the first month of using my cbfm but we always used the smep that month too so I wouldn't like to say which one worked the most, if you could afford one I think I'd recommend it

Love the CBFM!
After 9 months TTC we fell pregnant on the 2nd month, which sadly ended at 12w due to an NTD, and then 2nd month again we got our little boy! My monitor has been on tour since then and has produced three more babies :)

100% recon men we used for 4 cycles 2 of which I became pregnant. 1 was a loss at 6 weeks the other we had my DD who is now 18 months. Worth a try.

Defo recommend the CBFM. We were trying 10 mths with our first before we tried it. Second month in I got pregnant. I felt like it took the pressure off working out when I was most fertile 😊

I trialed the new cb monitor for cb along with a lot of ladies on here (do not think any of us bought it after trial). I would not bother buying one personally. The reason is after the initial cost you still have to buy the sticks when you could just buy the duel hormone digi tests which you do not need the monitor for: these also give you high and peak days. Maybe you would want it to make a running record of cycles but you can find sites online to do this which allow you to record more information. I used the duel hormone digi tests, the month I got my bfp I had used nothing though I am regular and appear to ovulate regular. I would recommend the duel hormone tests as you get the same results and save your pennies for when you get your bfp! Good luck :hugs:

Personally if you have been trying a year I would goto your docter

You may not be ovulating so you may need clomid or something

Normal ovulation tests are find too use xxx

I got the CBOK with dual hormone. It is cheaper! I tried it one month & got one low (apparently u get that the 1st time u use it) then peak. BFN that month but had 8 sticks left for the next month. Used it this month, got lots of lows, stopped using it for a few days, got EWCM at CD20 & BD'd that night, used it next day & got peak, BD'd next day & got BFP CD36!

I definitely recommend it, along with a sperm friendly lube ;)

I would recommend clear blue monitor it gives you the best chance I got pregnant with my youngest and this pregnancy in the first month of using it good luck xx

Thanks very much ladies. I'm thinking maybe I should pop to the docs to see if she can help me find out if I'm ovulating first then get a cbfm if I am to find out when. Will the doctor give me much help though seeing as I've already got two kids?

Thanks again ladies x

I used it for a year and a half before I got pregnant the first time so I do have my doubts. I preferred the TCOYF book which helped me to understand my body and I felt more in control.

This time I only used the clearblue but that was because I kept on forgeting to take my temperature in the morning and I got pregnant the first month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->