Does anyone want to be bump buddies? Due 5th Oct 2016

Oh no, so so sorry. Hopefully we will see you again soon and glad you are thinking of the positives xxx

Hi All,

Seems I was right to be feeling a little paranoid with this one... Started bleeding last night at 4w5d and doctors confirmed today that I was no longer pregnant, so looks like a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage :(

Doctors not terribly helpful or supportive sadly even tho I told them that I suspect I had a previous one back in Sept too (first month TTC so didn't test early but had implantation bleeding and nausea before period arrived 3 days early). They even went as far as to question whether I had indeed actually been pregnant this time - despite the 4 positive pregnancy tests (from 3 consecutive days) that I brought in to show them!!!

Feeling a little delicate today but will try to think positive and hopefully I will catch again soon... At least I know I can get pregnant again.

Best of luck to everyone here with their pregnancies !! :)

X

So sorry to hear this!! When speaking to a lawyer friend about miscarriages and medical advice, she said the reason (she believes) so many OBs dismiss the miscarriage is because admitting there was more that could have been done (testing, medication, etc) puts them in a prime position to be sued by the patient. I think the whole attitude registers as a lot more unconcerned than perhaps they are actually feeling, but they project dismissal to protect themselves. Does that make sense? Not saying it's right (had something similar happen with my late loss), but understandable why it might happen.

Again, I'm so sorry. Deeply and truly. I've heard that some women are more fertile after an early loss. I hope that proves true for you! Xx

So sorry, serendipity. I can't imagine how you are feeling, but know that we're all here for you.

Has anyone had any issues getting into a regular doctor done they got their positives? I was told by my re that it's highly recommended to get a flu shot and have had such crap luck. First I tried at walgreens and they had the special one safe for pregnancy but my insurance wouldn't cover it in pharmacy. Then I went to a family doctor today and they said they couldn't even treat me because I was pregnant! They kept telling me I had to go to my ob, but the re hasn't released me to one yet! Gaaaah.

If it helps, I didn't get the flu shot and whooping cough until much later in pregnancy last time (Think it was about 24 weeks!)

I got the flu shot around 20 weeks I think last time, and whooping cough around 28 weeks.

Are you guys going to find out the sex of the baby?

My Fiancé and i are very impaitent people lol so will be finding out as soon as we can.

Yes defo! I have a girl already so need to plan whether to buy new clothes or whether I can re-use!

I didn't want to know with our first, but DH did, so he found out and kept it a secret, so it was still a surprise for me :) I've already told him I think I want to know on this one, but he doesn't :( There is no way I could do what he did and keep it a secret for 20 weeks! So I have no clue what we will do just yet.

I got to see my little pickle for the first time today!

Attachments

• 2016-02-11 16.20.46.jpg
    2016-02-11 16.20.46.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 2
Awww Holly! How far are you?

I saw mine, too (unexpectedly). We saw a heartbeat, and measurements are jiving with LMP/ ovulation tracking. I wasn't supposed to get a scan, but I was offered one and decided to chance it.
12714523_10153355210096198_1302126804_n.jpg

I'm five weeks and four days today. I'd definitely jump at the chance to see it again if offered too. You'd have to be crazy not to. :) I'm sad that I have to wait another two weeks to see it again now.

Are they following you closely for a particular reason or is that just how your practice works? The one I picked is very hands off, they only do once per month visits during the first two trimesters. My next appointment is a month away and they do Doppler only and U/S only if they can't hear the heartbeat via that (or at least that's what I'm told). I was also told I will be offered options for testing at my next visit, so may be other U/S opportunities there.

I think they're just monitoring closely until they can release me to a regular ob. I had to go through ivf to get to this point so I'm still with the fertility doctor.

Sorry, Holly! I'm not up to speed quite yet with everyone... RE = lots of early scans! My family medicine doctor (who's known me forever and I adore) was comfortable managing ovulation induction meds (Femara) after 3 failed FSH/IUI cycles with an RE last summer, so no RE anymore. My scan was done by the nurse midwife practice I'll be going to for regular OB/Gyn stuff from here on out. I wasn't supposed to get a scan this early, but minor spotting plus cramping around one of my pelvic bones was good enough for them to offer a peek, even though my labs are right in the middle-range of what they expect to see at this time.

I had a negative experience with one of the RE's nurses, so decided to give Femara/TI a year (yes, really, a whole year) before going back to try IVF. I feel ya, ma'am, it's not easy when it's work. How long were you trying before now, if you don't mind me asking?

We started in Oct 2012 and I had one non-viable pregnancy/ MC in late summer 2014. It's just been a really long road.

No worries, I don't think I mentioned it before so no one would have known. :)
We had been ntnp from October of 2011 and started with the re in January of 2015. Went through seven months of femara and ti and then due to my husband having borderline low morphology went straight into the ivf rollercoaster. Luckily it only took two tries with that and now here we are. Due four days before our anniversary.

I love the scan pictures ladies!

I go for my 2nd scan in 4 days. I'll be 6w6d. Hopefully my RE will discharge me if everything looks well. I have an appt with my regular ob at 10wks. As much as I love my RE and staff, I'm excited to not have a 2hr drive for appts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->