Does anyone want to be bump buddies? Due 5th Oct 2016

That's a crazy long drive for appointments! I hope you graduate out to your regular ob soon.

No worries, I don't think I mentioned it before so no one would have known. :)
We had been ntnp from October of 2011 and started with the re in January of 2015. Went through seven months of femara and ti and then due to my husband having borderline low morphology went straight into the ivf rollercoaster. Luckily it only took two tries with that and now here we are. Due four days before our anniversary.

Our EDD is a week before our 4th (wedding and ttc) anniversary! October is just a good month :)

I love the scan pictures ladies!

I go for my 2nd scan in 4 days. I'll be 6w6d. Hopefully my RE will discharge me if everything looks well. I have an appt with my regular ob at 10wks. As much as I love my RE and staff, I'm excited to not have a 2hr drive for appts.

That is a crazy long drive! I have to be honest, I'm a little grateful I'm not the only assisted conception/ LTTTCer in here! I also don't officially see the "OB" until 10w3d. I saw the nurse at 5w5d, then the U/S tech at 5w6d. I was a little surprised at how far off that is from the start, but it seems like there's not a whole lot they can do before then.

The drive should only be a hr, but with traffic it takes about 2. It's ridiculous. My dh was thinking about sticking with that hospital but there's no way I'm traveling that far for prenatal appts and to deliver. Besides, I really like my ob.

It is nice not being the only ltttcer here too. We really didn't think we'd ever make it to this point.

I would LOVE to join you! EDD October 6th :).

The hospital closest to us, I do not like at all. The wife of my husband's friend delivered there and they weren't terribly supportive of her choices, to the extent they were actually a little bigoted toward her husband, who is of middle eastern descent. There's a much better hospital about 30-40 minutes away and a nurse-midwife group (overseen by two OBs) that work there. The outpatient office is literally walking distance from my job, and 15 minutes from Hubster's and we think we like them a lot so far!

I never thought we'd make it to this point, either.

Same OB for me as for my last baby :). They were amazing, and hopefully this time I will be able to go to Rex which is a lot closer to me than UNC. My last baby was born 3 months premature, and UNC was one of the leading hospital on the east coast for premature babies. Only problem is, its 40 minutes away. Rex is only 10 minutes up the road. I did love how well they treated me and my baby at UNC though which still has me considering it.

The hospital we plan on delivering at is nice. My cousin had her son there and loved it. They are very supportive of breastfeeding and encourage women to do so. I didn't have a pleasant experience with my dd which is why we switched hospitals and drs. Hopefully this will be different.

I hope its better this time at the new hospital Smilie!

UNC encourages breastfeeding as well. It was the reason I started breastfeeding to be honest. I was scared to try it at first and was just going to do what I saw a lot of other moms do and bottle feed. I don't regret breastfeeding and loved it, although it was a challenge with my preemie. Im going to do it with this baby too :). I did baby lead weaning with my 1st, she started losing interest in breastfeeding after about a year. Must have been the cake :haha:.

I had a hard time getting her to latch and the hospital I delivered in gave her formula...grr. Well she was allergic to it and refused to try to bf, so my whole experience was ruined. I have great support now, so hopefully I'll become a pro. I really think this new hospital will be great because if you say you're going to bf, they don't give an option for formula which imo is great.

That's horrible :hugs: :hugs:. I am so sorry they did not help you out. I guess that hospital did not have a lactation consultant? How unprofessional. I am glad the new hospital is much more hospitable to your needs.

Well I'm 6+5 and things are going well. Anxiety is much better now I'm a little further along and feeling hopeful about things.

Still sick, tired and starving hungry! Not showing at all yet, although I'm secretly glad, I'm getting married on April 8th so trying to hold out until then before we announce (will be 14.5 wks)!

Depending on how tall / skinny you are, chances are you are going to be showing at 14 weeks. Sorry to bring bad news :(. Glad the anxiety is better.

I am not really "showing" just a little bloated atm.

I'm about 5'9 and I'm a size 12/14 (I weigh about 162lbs).

I was showing at 12 weeks with my last pregnancy so I'm not holding out too much hope lol!

Oh yeah, you will probably show sooner this time then lol. I heard that after your first pregnancy the uterus just kind of stretches out really quickly for the next one.

Wtbam: I was like WOW 6+5 that's so far along (then I realized I'm already 6+3), time really does travel fast! I would also not want people to know before the wedding - in part, because your wedding (IMHO) should be about YOU and your partner and babies will be all about the baby really quickly.

AFM: I'm hoping I can hide this as long as possible at work (I'm only 5'7", but it's my first, I'm a little on the obese side, and I wear scrubs). I know the minute people find out, the opinions and unsolicited advice will start rolling in. Most will be super well meaning. I think some of the men I work with are going to be weird about it. I'm a scientist, I hang with the big boys at work, and I think they forget I'm a woman, ROFL. I love the fall due date, because the bulk of my work in the office/lab work is spring/ summer. I also want to get clearance for my end of summer vacation before I tell them, but waiting until next appointment before booking that trip. Anyone else with big plans during their pregnancies?

IMHO if she was not worried about her figure, then I think its great to be pregnant and getting married. I think weddings are about family bonds, and that includes children IMHO at least. No setting or environment is complete for me without children running around.

5+4 here today. So exhausted, and very slight nausea so far. Had my OB consultation today and prenatal lab work. My first Dr appt isn't until I'm 12 weeks, so March 30th,a bit bummed over that, but I guess it really doesn't make a difference anyway. Wasn't really planning on telling anyone til 2nd tri, so I guess that will make it a bit easier to keep it to just us. We haven't told anyone yet. I'm ridiculously bloated, so in my mind it's obvious I'm pregnant, but in reality I just look like I have over indulged and added a few pounds.

Did the consultation go well? Sorry about having to wait till the 30th. That is a bummer. I have to wait till March 7th for my first appointment let alone consultation on March 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->