Does having a emergency c-sect 14 months ago make me higher risk?

pookied

Mum to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm back it 5+ years ttc my DD.. I came off BC 2-3cycles ago as we were concerned that it may take a while again and we can't believe it I'm 4+4 weeks pregnant my DD is just 14 months we are ecstatic and in shock also. Need to book appointment with GP =) I also have one question my last birth was an emergency c-section does that make me a higher risk pregnancy?

i see the support has disappeard from B&B lol....

Having had a section makes you high risk yes.

I believe I am considered at least more high risk because I am pregnant so soon after my son... Only about 8 months in my case, but I also didn't have a c-section. They recommend waiting at least 2 years between pregnancies, even without a cesarean. That said, I know several people who have had back-to-back pregnancies and cesarean deliveries (not that your's is exactly back-to-back at 14 months) and haven't had any issues at all. The only thing is it might make the possibility of a vbac a little less likely.

I had my emergency c-section for cord prolapse July 22, 2014 and will be having my next baby in February 2016. The OB who delivered said there would be a slightly higher risk of uterine rupture if the births occurred less than 18-24 months apart, with 24 being more ideal. Since my births will be 18 months apart (and I'm a single mom), I'm opting for a repeat c-section.

Yes it will. I had an emergency c-section over 5 years ago and when I went to my booking in app they said I'm classed as high risk so have to see someone at the hospital as well as my midwife and said something about I won't be going past my due date? I didn't really understand what she was telling me though. Just think they keep a check on you a bit more that's all

Are you referring to VBAC or carrying the pregnancy? If you are referring to carrying the pregnancy my doctor said no but for a VBAC they like to the see the second delivery 18-24 months apart - and you will be within that time frame. (My DD is only 13 months.)

Where I live though, VBAC is not an option so maybe that's why he didn't say anything about an increase in risk.

Even with the increase, isn't the risk of rupture still less than 1%?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->