Does height matter...?

I am 5ft 4 and he is 5ft 9. Perfect :rofl:

My parents there is a little over 1ft difference (dad being taller)

My brother is only 5ft 7 ish and his partner 5ft 9 ish x

I'm 5'9" and was almost that tall at 12 years old so I've gotten used to being taller than a lot of people. DH is 5'10 and I actually really like not having to lean super far back to kiss him. I've always hated heels so I'm never taller than him, not that I care much. I've dated men shorter than me and it was never a big deal. Especially if you're tall you could miss a out on a lot of great guys if you worry about height!

Godddd I really am fucking shallow, yikes :haha: So weird as I'm not even tall but I couldn't even envision being attracted to a guy around 5 foot 8ish even though thats 4 inches taller than me. Maybe I have a tall man fetish ha ha.

I'm 5'9" and my dh is about 3 inches shorter - unusual i know but i'm quite tall!
I always said i wouldn't want to be with someone shorter but i fell in love and it didn't matter in the slightest :D

I was just about to post the EXACT same thing. Im 5ft 8, and my oh is 5ft 7.

Before I met him I remember doing online dating and height was always a deal breaker for me. Goes to show how much things change when you meet someone you want to actually settle with. I think he scretly likes the fact im nearly 6ft in heels when we go out :thumbup:

Height totally matters to me! I couldn't go out with someone shorter than me (5.4) and I'd struggle with someone around my same height. My last 2 exes (there are a few more ;) ) were well over 6ft and fob is 6ft as well. I'm super fussy though, I went on a date once with a guy I quite liked but clocked he had odd socks on and it really put me off him and I didn't meet him again! My friends despair of me :lol:

odd socks would totally attract me to someone rosie272! :haha:

LOL Rosie! Odd socks dont bother me because I'm an odd sock kinda gal myself :haha: But I am reaallyyyy picky with guys too it is so so easy for me to be put off someone. I think I'm more shallow than I care to admit. I like tall guys with good bone structure who wear great clothes. Is that so much to ask for in life?!

I'm 5'10" and I swore blind I'd never be with a guy shorter than me. My husband is 5'9" and when I wear heels (never more than 4 inches!) I'm quite a bit taller than him. But he doesn't mind, he reckons it makes him look like he's probably good in bed having a tall leggy brunette on his arm :haha:

deff matters to me as i am 5'10. my first boyfriend was shorter then me and i hated it...esp as im near 6ft in heels and he was 5'8. hubby he 5'11 so only a bit taller but he has a mohawk so makes up the difference.

LOL Rosie! Odd socks dont bother me because I'm an odd sock kinda gal myself :haha: But I am reaallyyyy picky with guys too it is so so easy for me to be put off someone. I think I'm more shallow than I care to admit. I like tall guys with good bone structure who wear great clothes. Is that so much to ask for in life?!

Lou, I have an absolute cheek - I don't think I have many pairs of matching socks (or matching underwear in general!) But I am so easily put off it's unreal! Rubbish shoes are a deal breaker - as are odd socks :lol: One time it was a tattoo! He was a lovely looking guy, funny kind, good looking etc but he had this smallish yin/yang tatoo on his forearm and I couldn't see past it, it was so crap! That sounds really bad but it's true! I'm with you in the tall/good bone structure/great clothes camp - definitely not too much to ask :rofl:

Lou, I have an absolute cheek - I don't think I have many pairs of matching socks (or matching underwear in general!) But I am so easily put off it's unreal! Rubbish shoes are a deal breaker - as are odd socks :lol: One time it was a tattoo! He was a lovely looking guy, funny kind, good looking etc but he had this smallish yin/yang tatoo on his forearm and I couldn't see past it, it was so crap! That sounds really bad but it's true! I'm with you in the tall/good bone structure/great clothes camp - definitely not too much to ask :rofl:

Lol the tattoo thing sounds bad but I feeeeeel ya. I'm terrible when it comes to judging guys on their shoes. I met a guy in the summer who was wearing non-branded primark trainers and I just couldn't see past that either, I like a man with good taste in trainers - so sue me! Maybe we are both horribly shallow BUT should never lower our standards gurlfriend :haha:

Now I'm thinking about it I definitely do have kind of a type, I always date tall guys with great bone structure and I am not actually sure if I have ever dated a blonde man...hmmm

Women finding tall men is evolutionary.
I don't generally find men under 6ft attractive. I'm 5ft7 dh is between 6ft2&3 I can wear huge heels and I'm never taller than him.
Xx

the shoes would have to be alright to pull off the odd socks look! also both socks would have to be clean :haha:

a ying yang tattoo would be a deal breaker for me too rosie, definitely :haha: along with many other tattoos that I'm reluctant to say in case anyone on here has them :lol:

I'm 5'7 and my hub is 5'10. In heels I'm right at his height or a touch taller. I don't love that, but I love him :)

We are both 5'9". If I wear heels, I tower over him which he hates. It doesn't bother me at all although in our wedding pictures I had to bend my legs so I looked the same height as him as didn't want me taller in the photos.

I'm 5'10 and the first thing me and the man I was dating a few months ago did was stand next to each other and compare heights :haha:

He was JUST taller than me, didn't put me off though.

I like someone to be taller because I already always feel like a massive thing next to the majority of my friends who're little! My friend is 6' and her boyfriend is a good few inches smaller than her... He always tries to stand on steps in pictures :lol:

@louandivy, I think we have a similar 'type' except for I don't think I've ever been with a dark haired guy! Not a conscious decision though :haha: xxx

Lol the tattoo thing sounds bad but I feeeeeel ya. I'm terrible when it comes to judging guys on their shoes. I met a guy in the summer who was wearing non-branded primark trainers and I just couldn't see past that either, I like a man with good taste in trainers - so sue me! Maybe we are both horribly shallow BUT should never lower our standards gurlfriend :haha:

Now I'm thinking about it I definitely do have kind of a type, I always date tall guys with great bone structure and I am not actually sure if I have ever dated a blonde man...hmmm

Did you know some employers use shoes to judge what kind of person you are? If you wear scruffy shoes they're less likely to employ you even if you look smart otherwise!

I'm with you on the shoes - one of the first things I look at! I love getting the tube as I can just stare at feet and judge people lol

I'm 5ft8 and DF is 5ft9 on a good day. Df loves when i wear heels but I dont like wearing them! Where I live in France its almost impossible to find a man taller than me as French guys are so tiny here haa!
All in all height to me doesnt really matter

I wonder how many men would be too insecure to date a woman taller than them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->