Does it matter if MW appointments are a few days either side of the suggested date?

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
It's up to me to book all my antenatal appointments - the midwife has given me a list of key dates, so I can make sure I see her at all the right times, but I need to book those appointments rather than relying on her to do it for me.

My scan yesterday suggested that I'm a few days further on than originally thought. My next midwife appointment is supposed to be around 15 weeks. Does anybody know whether it makes much difference whether I see her dead on 15 weeks, or whether it would be fine to see her at say 14-and-a-half or 15-and-a-half weeks?

I will ring her later to find out myself, but just wondering what others' experience of this was.

Thanks xx

Our midwife only works Tuesdays, her advice was to book in during that week, so 15 week appointment would be 15 + 3 for me.

Not really. The general guidelines here in Australia are:

10+ weeks
16 weeks
20 weeks
26 weeks
30 weeks
33 weeks
36 weeks
38 weeks
40 weeks
41 weeks

This means sometime in that week (i.e. your 33 week appt doesn't have to be to the day, but during that week).

HTH. :hugs:

My appointments have always been a good few days before or after the suggested week of pregnancy as mw is only available on a Monday. In fact I went to my most recent one at 24 weeks when it should have been 25 weeks cos I didn't read my notes properly :dohh: but mw didn't bat an eyelid. The only thing she couldn't do was give me my health in pregnancy grant application cos she said they're only allowed to do it from 25 weeks, but to just make sure I ask for it at my next appointment at 28 weeks instead. It's important that you don't miss appointments for blood tests by more than a week or two ie don't leave your sixteen week appointment too late cos that's when they do the triple test if you opt for it, but a few days either side makes absolutely no difference :hugs:

I dont think it matters if you are a little out days wise :) I am sure your MW will b fine about it :)

Nah it dont matter as long as its not more than a week i dont think. Its just cos they have to take blood at certain timeframes.

I always see my midwife two days before im meant to, so i'll next see her at 35+5 instead of 36 xx

Ha! My 1st midwife appointment was at (what i thought) 13 weeks. i'm now almost 17 and my 2nd midwife app is on Tuesday, so WAY off what they say!

it shouldn't matter i think. Some of my last appointments were either side of certain weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->