Does size/weight have anything to do with...

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
Sleeping through the night? Just curious, how much did your LO weigh once they started sleeping through? Im wondering if their size has something to do with how much food they can keep stored to help them sleep through?

you got it in one but all babie are different i heard myself when they are big enough for their tummys to store so much milk or food they will probably start sleeping through as they wont need to wake for a feed but some children still dont sleep through the night at age 4 years!

Not sure, but Seth weighs 13lb 15oz now, and even though he had been sleeping through he's not anymore. I have the cold, and i've barely slept for 3 days. Sorry for hijacking, but i feel shit. :(

Not sure, but Seth weighs 13lb 15oz now, and even though he had been sleeping through he's not anymore. I have the cold, and i've barely slept for 3 days. Sorry for hijacking, but i feel shit. :(

Hope you feel better!!!

I know they do start waking more again with teething etc...

Jacob is BIG and eats LOADS yet still aint sleeping straight through the night, never has so i aint dreading teething as much cause im used to getting up i think i would get a shock if he went from sleeping all the way through to suddenly waking up i think that would kill me :) XXX

archies 11lb 15 sleeps from 12ish till 7ish..and loads thru the day xx he has hes last feed bout 11 then his next at round 7.30am xx

No, it is just how it is, some babies do sleep through and some don't.

maddi was a big baby at birth - 9lb 3 and half 0z, slept through from 6weeks - when she weighed about 12/13lb's. i do think al babies are difference, but never thought about the link x

No, it is just how it is, some babies do sleep through and some don't.

I do realize this, I just have noticed alot of babies on here once they are 11-13lb-ish they seem to begin sleeping through... It seems it doesn't matter the age, but the size seems to be common.

Obviously that doesn't go for every baby.

Harry is 11lb 5oz but still wakes up every 2 hours for a feed!!

Hannah's over 14 pounds and never slept through :(

I don't think it has anything to do with it. We are having problems with my youngest's weight gain but he's been 19-20lbs since 7mo and he's almost 16mo now and just started sleeping through at 15mo.

Marlowe's 13lbs 9oz and still waked up at least once, but it's not for always for a feed. She also has/had reflux as a baby which affects sleeping through the night.

Savannah weighs 5.95 kgs a has started sleeping through

well ali was a teeny baby born at just 5ibs 3ozs and is still pretty small for his age comparing to other bubbas BUT he started sleeping through at the age of about 7 weeks (i think or there abouts). he is teething just now but still sleeps through (bless). He isn't a great feeder either but has fab weight gains so not sure why he sleeps through lol cos i read on here babies eating far more but aren't sleeping through....

Jacob was about 8lbs when he started sleeping through x

Dont think it makes any difference, Ewan was 3yrs before he started sleeping through!

charlies allways been a big baby he was born 8,15lb and is still up so many times a night :( xx

Lola is a tiny baby and doesn't eat much. Never slept through as you know...:shrug:
I guess it doesn't have much to do with it considering all the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->