Does the Beta have to double every 48 hrs??

hopefulhippo

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has information or personal experience with betas not quite doubling?

My first beta at 15dpo was 237 and I just got the call that my second (days later) 17dpo was 394. My doctor said (via her receptionist) that she is 'not worried' but wants me to come in and check them again on Monday. I miscarried in March and am very nervous.

Please let me know if you know if they HAVE to double??

Thank you.
HH.

The doubling time varies. Doesn't have to be exactly 48 hours. From about 200 to about 400 sounds about right. I wouldn't be worried :thumbup:

People often say it should double every 48 hours, but the official numbers are always every 48-72 hours. Your numbers are within that range, so I'm sure they're fine! Your doctor also is not worried, so try to relax :) xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your responses, they are comforting.

Gotta take this one day by day I feel.

Going to have hcg tested again today to see how it's rising. Feeling pretty upset that once again I'm having major doubts about viability. Wondering, have any of you had a doubling rate that was slower than 48 hrs? Really looking to see if it's possible to have this rate and go on to have a pregnancy.

Sorry to ask again.

I've seen quite a few threads around in 1st trimester of ladies who had doubling that took a bit longer and have ended up just fine ... you're going up and you're not far off from doubling, you're doing well =)

Doubling rates for *most* pregnancies:

Under 1200 mIU/ml: 31-72 hours
Between 1200 to 6000 mIU/ml: 72-96 hours
Over 6000 mIU/ml: more than 96 hours

Also found this:
The beta hCG may take more than 48 - 72 hours [ 2 to 3 days ] to double in 15% of normal intrauterine pregnancies.

A few weeks ago I was searching this very topic... I had really low HCG that only doubled once but kept rising. We just saw a healthy heart beat on 10/22:thumbup:

14 dpo-61
17 dpo-103
21 dpo-167
24 dpo-349

I hope all is well with you too!

Thank you VERY much Erised and hoping:). Your words really helped today. I will get my third level tomorrow. I am feeling VERY pregnant, so I will be surprised if it hasn't risen. Really appreciate the time you took to write.

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has information or personal experience with betas not quite doubling?

My first beta at 15dpo was 237 and I just got the call that my second (days later) 17dpo was 394. My doctor said (via her receptionist) that she is 'not worried' but wants me to come in and check them again on Monday. I miscarried in March and am very nervous.

Please let me know if you know if they HAVE to double??

Thank you.
HH.

its usually 36-72 hours :)

with one baby i doubled every 4 days..he is fine

Any news?? Hope everything's going well!! :) xxxxxxxx

Thanks for checking in. Yep, I wrote a separate post about it yesterday. My beta shot up to 1809. And is now doubling faster than every 48 hours. Hugely relieved.

I got my 3rd beta drawn today, will get results tomorrow. This post has given me hope. So far I've been:
130- 14dpo
379-18dpo
So...bottom line...NOT doubling :( I'm hoping for the best. Not much else I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->