does the non hormone coil??

SophiasMummy

Mummy to Sophia
Reaction score
i didnt want to have any hormone birth control as i want more children and worry about the ones with hormone stuff in them causing problems with conception in the future as i know it can take some time for your body to go back to normal. but my second af since having LO started yesterday and today im in so much pain i dont think i can handle it any more so i want to kne from any of you that have the coil does it stop periods or periods pains because i dont think i can deal with this again next month as its killing me and making me really irritated and i dont have anyone else that can look after sophia so i cant just go curl up in a ball like i want to i have to look after her. any advice would be appreciated xx

Copper (non hormonal) coil will make periods longer, heavier and sometimes more frequent- thats been my experience.
Mirena (hormonal) will make periods lighter or diminish them altogether. I've had both but wont be using them again as didn't like either. Like you I dont want to mess up my fertility so I use condoms. There are some meds you can get for heavy periods speak to GP especially if you become anaemic.

thanks i have really good iron levels and always have will make an appt with my dr and see what they can do though i think knowing my dr she wil just try and get me to go on the pill or something so will have to just deal with the pain. but aways worth a try xx

The copper coil gave me really heavy, painful periods. I didn't want hormones either but eventually I had to change to the mirena because I was bleeding two weeks on two weeks off. I think that because the hormones go directly to the ovaries, they don't have such a strong effect. I was really glad I'd changed because my periods went to one day every month and I only noticed a slight change hormonally (I wasn't quite as keen on sex). I got pregnant within two months of having it removed too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->