Does the OPK test line always have to be darker than the control line?

SMandel22

Reaction score
Good morning!!

I started using OPK's (ic's) this month for the first time. I've been tracking my cm for the past 6 months, so I have a pretty good idea of when I ovulate. But when I use the OPK, the test line has yet to get darker than the control line. It has come pretty close, and got slightly darker over a couple of days, but now it's getting lighter again. And my cm has changed, so I'm no longer ovulating. But it never got as dark or darker than the control line. Have any of you experienced this but know you ovulated? Even better, have any of you gotten pregnant experiencing this?

Thank you so much for your responses!!

hey hun i think if i comes very close then id class that as a pos++

mine wasnt darker than the control this month and later that day it was lighter again so that was my ov,
hth

I usually get them equal but this month it came pretty close and I know I o'd according to BBT and CM. I think the internet cheapies might be why it only came close - because normally I have equal lines for 3 days in a row and this time that didn't happen and it is the first time using them.

Do you chart too? That can give you peace of mind that you o'd.

Thanks ladies!! I really appreciate your responses!!

Babyhopes, When you say chart, do you mean with temps? Or just keeping track of my cycle? I have been keeping track of my cycle for about 6 months now, maybe a little longer. I haven't started temping yet. I figured I would give it a few months before I took it to the next step.

Well, I guess I was wrong with when I ovulated, because I just did another OPK and this one is super dark!!!!! Darker than the control line! Sooooooooo happy we BD'd this morning. (Wasn't very happy at that moment though, lol. 5:30am because hubby couldn't sleep isn't ideal, haha!)

So I guess I have another question. How many days after ovulation do you BD? I was thinking of doing it again tonight, and then calling it quits. I'm exhausted and have had my fill for the month. ;)

[IMG]https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/sarahbw22/OPKPositive_zps4e10d688.jpg[/IMG]

I'm pretty sure this is positive!!:happydance:

That's a beaut hun, u can for several days after a positive, eggy lives a day or so, but uve got the spermies up there already so looks good x

That's a beaut hun, u can for several days after a positive, eggy lives a day or so, but uve got the spermies up there already so looks good x

Thank you!! Yeah, I think we'll BD tonight and then I'm done. We've BD'd the past few nights, so I'm sure there's enough up there, lol. Thanks again!!

Absolutely!!! I see you can test in 14 days!! Hopefully we'll both get our BFP's!!!

Yh hun but ill prob test before hehe not much befo can't hack days of disappointment x

Lol, I'm not good at holding out either. I'm sure I'll start testing at 8PDO. I try to hold out, but never do. This month will be even worse for me because I've never done the OPK's before and knowing I BD'd on the right days, well, let's just say the next 2 weeks will probably be the longest of my life!

Lol, I'm not good at holding out either. I'm sure I'll start testing at 8PDO. I try to hold out, but never do. This month will be even worse for me because I've never done the OPK's before and knowing I BD'd on the right days, well, let's just say the next 2 weeks will probably be the longest of my life!

yh hun knowing we got it so right you cant imagine it going wrong,...massive positive thoughts coming our way!!!!!!!!!
:dust:

Hi :) I'm in exactly the same situation as you! never done opk's before and just got positives on sunday, monday and today. I know we've :sex: on the right days so I'm gona be super anxious too. Don't know how I feel about knowing that we've done everything we can. Does it make me feel better, worse? we shall see lol.

Good luck to you!

Hi :) I'm in exactly the same situation as you! never done opk's before and just got positives on sunday, monday and today. I know we've :sex: on the right days so I'm gona be super anxious too. Don't know how I feel about knowing that we've done everything we can. Does it make me feel better, worse? we shall see lol.

Good luck to you!

Lol, I don't know if it's better or worse either!! All I know i now I'm only 1DPO and I have a very long wait ahead of me. I'm gonna do my best to not think about it (haha yeah right!) and just hope for the best.

I never had EWCM and I never had an ovulation test strip positive... yet I am pregnant now haha... I was very concerned about that and I was only TTC for 2 months...

I never had EWCM and I never had an ovulation test strip positive... yet I am pregnant now haha... I was very concerned about that and I was only TTC for 2 months...

That's great news!! Congrats!!!

I had some internet cheapies that came in the pack with my BBT thermometer. From my temp and CM I know I have ovulated. The first day that the test strip showed a faint line I decided to start testing twice a day but though two more came out really faint, they stopped after that which seems to tie in with my ovulation date.

I also BD'd right on time too, so am now having the most impatient 2WW ever!

Good luck all!!

how are you doing Smandel? have you given in yet!? lol, I have. I don't know if I'm tricking my self into really believing we have a chance this month, but somethings telling me I might actually be up the duff! I bet I've jinxed it now tho!

how many days PO are you? I tested at 10 dpo which I think may have been to early. Due on today (13 dpo) but so far no sign of af! really hoping she stays away. fx anyway!

I know I'm a little late to this party, but wanted to say that I agree 100% with BabyHopes as far as the Internet cheapies go... I was using NewChoice brand opks from Dollar Tree for awhile, and despite being far cheaper than one of the big brands, I still found them quite expensive having a long cycle AND having to test twice a day. So, I ordered the Wandfo brand from Amazon which run closer to .25 each instead of a dollar. They work fine, however I have confirmed that when another brand (such as CBE digital, etc.) would give be a blaring positive, the Internet cheapies only gave me a test line that looked like yours - ALMOST as dark as the control line. It does state in the instructions that it should not be considered a true positive unless both lines are equally dark, but my BBT and CM beg to differ. I think they might just say that because there are so many women out there who so desperately want to see a line (when there clearly is not one) that they did a little overkill trying to discourage barely-there lines from being taken as positives. Just my $.02! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->