• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does this growth chart look normal?

soloso

Reaction score
The first measurement was taken at my midwife app, and the second was done in the hospital as I went in with some bleeding. It looks a very big jump to me? Is this normal?

First one taken at 28 + 2
Second one taken at 31 + 1

IMG_20191202_103321.jpg

They didn't tell me anything in the hospital afte they had done it, I had to ask 3 different midwives until someone finally checked my notes and said ye it's all fine and that it had jumped up. I was under the impression at 31 weeks it shouldn't be any more than 33cm max?

I think the whole growth chart thing is silly but 31 weeks vs 34 is within the few weeks difference they generally like. You want the baby to grow, they grow at their own rate, not some chart.

Was that based on the midwife measuring your bump? If so I wouldn’t be worried, it can be out by quite a bit xx

Just looks like ure growing a nice healthy baby hon.
I had growth scans and was told I was going to have a very large baby but my fundal height always measured a few days behind or bang on. Going by the growth scans my baby wud of been around 9lbs which is huge for me because I'm tiny. I freaked out but out he popped only weighing 7lbs 6oz (my ticker is wrong) so dont worry hon the growth scans can be out and are not always accurate.

That looks fine. I think fundal measuring can be quite inaccurate. They measured mine and told me that the baby hadn't grown for three weeks, but turned out she had just moved position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->