• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does "we need to see you urgently"... ULTRASOUND DONE. UPDATE POST 109

Hugs, when's your ultra sound.. You would have thought he would have scanned you today to put a rest to your fears, hope it soon, fingers crossed all is well x

I'm sorry the ultrasound didn't ease your mind. :nope::hugs: I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

I won't get in for a week or two. We don't have ultrasounds in the offices here and the hospital is backed up a few weeks so I am a priority 1 but it could still be a while. Just have to say calm an wait it out.

Praying for you girl! I thought that blighted ovums did not have a yolk, just an empty sac? Not sure about that, though. I am keeping you in my thoughts and sending positive vibes your way! :hugs:

Well I'm being sent for a second ultrasound. Waiting to hear from the hospital for an appointment. Doctor has told us not to get excited yet but not to worry. Ultrasound dated me at 5 weeks 3 days making me 7 weeks 1 day today which is right by my dates but he still said it could be something called a blighted ovum because only a yolk sac was seen. I can't help but panic :(

Aww Hun I am so sorry you're going through this...I thought a blighted ovum was simply a sac, so hopefully all will be ok. We only saw the yolk sac when I was 5w3d as well and 1 week later we saw baby and HB. I hope the hospital can get you in soon for your peace of mind x x

Thanks ladies. I'm pretty nervous but hopefully we see. A happy healthy baby with a heart beat. By 7 weeks we should and I'll be 8 or more by the time I get my ultrasound.

Ugh, well I'm glad you know what the possibility is, rather than being in the dark about why it's urgent. Good luck, I'll be following your thread~

I'm sorry your doctor has made you worried.

Some other ladies have already mentioned it - but a true blighted ovum does not even have a yolk sac, so having a yolk sac at 5-5.5 weeks is great!!

Stay positive hun :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I've done a lot of research and it looks like a blighted ovum can have a yolk sac(not common but can happen). The only thing is really means is the baby itself never develops just as my doctor said. I will wait and see what happens but I'm not counting myself out yet.

My first pregnancy was a blighted ovum. Nothing showed up on the ultrasounds besides a thick lining. A yolk sac is a good sign!

Good luck hun, I hope you get good news at your scan!! X

Well my ultrasound has been booked.
I go in November 4th at 1030 am. The 4th is OH's bit day so we are hoping he gets to see his first baby on his birthday.
I should be 9 weeks by their dates.
Anyone know what I should see at 9 weeks?

Well my ultrasound has been booked.
I go in November 4th at 1030 am.
I should be 9 weeks by their dates.
Anyone know what I should see at 9 weeks?

I had a scan at 9+5 yesterday. It looked like a baby with arms and legs (the legs were harder to see). Eye sockets and jaw area were visible and baby moving.

It must be so hard having to wait that long. I thought you would be scanned sooner. I hope your next scan shows a healthy baby.

Thanks. I thought sooner too but that is their first appointment available.

You should see a gummy bear type of thing!

my avatar pic is baby at 9 weeks 6 days. you can see arms moving and heart beating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->