Does you OH mention babies often?

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Wanting to hear your moments of when your oh mention something baby or future related or related to anything for that matter that makes you get the warm fuzzy feeling that makes you want to smile!!!

Bf went to his parents last night and his mum ( who hates kids and told me she didn't want grand kids and the pregnancy is disgusting) said that the house is too big and that my bf said it won't be after we start having children to fill the bedrooms! It feels like he stuck up for me against his own mum and he is thinking of our future ! And future babies!!!! Last week he also mentioned baby names! He thinks he wants he name is baby after either him or his dad. So we will see!

So what's been said to you? What gives you that massive grin!?

My dh keeps taking about "next year" by which he means "when you're pregnant" I think he is planning on keeping me wrapped in cotton wool (which is sweet)

He talks a lot about babies! If we are in the high street he will say things like,
"Aw that would be cute if it's a girl" .... "Aw just think you will be waddling like that soon" ... or most recently "wow that is such a cool buggy, can we get that one?"

When shopping he looks at the baby outfits.

Watching One born, he jokes about how i will be in labor .. he will only bring it up if we are alone though ... he doesn't want anyone to know anything about anything baby until I reach 12 weeks.

He gets quite excited about it recently, he use to be quite scared of anything baby, would drag me away kicking and screaming from baby aisles (not literally) but since he started working again and we started looking at renting again he has started to get more excited and wants to try... now it is me putting a hold on it :( don't want to but i wont be able to until dec 2015 at least :( x

mine does now we are getting closer to ttc he will wen eva we see a baby out n about or we looking at our lil girls baby pics he'll be like awww we'll have another one here before u know it

My husband didn't really say anything about it until about two weeks ago, when we picked a date to start TTC. However, about a month ago, he did catch me off guard. We had a bunch of Target gift cards we had gotten from our wedding that we were trying to decide what to spend on, and he suggested a crib out of nowhere. It gave me butterflies and I teared up a little.

aww these are all lovely. My OH says sweet stuff like this all the time but can't think of anything right now!

Yes! I Love it when he mentions anything to do with babies, although it makes me get my hopes up that he will change his mind sooner and want to start TTC earlier than we have decided :blush:

We talk about it all the time, but I can't think of certain times when it's been cutesy. He did tell me that he had been talking with his mom a few days ago about his brother getting engaged. His mom asked if we would be having babies anytime soon, and he told her maybe in a year. She asked if there would be a baby in a year, or a pregnancy, and he said pregnancy. I was surprised that he told her that. That was kind of sweet.

He just reminded me that he wants to be our child's baseball team coach :p I hope we have a kid that likes baseball I guess. We are in Chicago, and his family grew up here. They are super into baseball (Specifically the White Sox) so I think my FIL would probably cry with joy if his grandson/daughter went into baseball :p

Yes he finally does! When we talk about plans for holidays/festivals next year he says that it will depend on how pregnant I am, whether we have a newborn etc!
OH and his Dad are talking about going away for a grand prix next year, something they've done before, and he said out of the blue that he wouldn't want to leave me if I was pregnant. I said that of course he should still go! I would never expect him to stay with me constantly but it was so sweet that he said that and wanted to be here to look after me!

HA! I don't think that my hubby is quite there yet in his mind. He loves children, but he's not ready for one of his own just yet. However, he mentions babies all of the time...as a form of torment for me! My baby bug is bad. And it has been bad for a long while. And he knows it. So, for example, he will point out really cute babies to me when we are out in public, saying, "Isn't that one sooooo cute?!" It is all in good fun, and I definitely dish it out in return. It might not be so funny if I felt that we were actually in a place where having a baby of our own right now was feasible. But we just aren't there quite yet, so rather than be broody and miserable, it has been a lot of fun just laughing and joking about it!

Oh was sleep talking last night, and whilst he was sleep talking he asked his mum what she thought about him having babies!! Don't know why it made me so happy because it was only in his sleep but I have had a smile on my face all morning! Lol

He doesn't sound as exited as I am about the prospect, but that's how it always is. I go a bit crazy and he takes a chillll approach haha. But I've realised he is much more interested in babies and kids now, and more sentimental when talking about the future with children (like having a first family christmas, getting a pool for the kids to have birthday parties, aww)

talk about our future child(ren) has come up a lot since we got together, just random stuff like names or schools or baby furniture lol, it makes me feel happy :)

My DH has been talking about babies since we were together for a year. I used to feel pressured by ut, but now I know we're ready and it's all so exciting. With buying a house, everything we look at relates to having a LO running around and it warms my heart. I know he'll make a great daddy :)

Aww isn't it lovely when they give us that warm fuzzy feeling inside!? :D
I spoke to oh again and I have finally found out why he is putting off the ideas of babies. It turns out that he is worried that once the house is built the financies won't be great. He also wants a huge wedding, which he wanted to spend a lot on, so I have my work cut out making sure that the finances are in order so then we can just go for it when the time comes!

Yes, he mentions them quite often. I think he would quite like another baby girl! :)

Oh these stories have made my day, how sweet.

Lucy, my OH recently defended our decision to TTC this winter in front of his mum too! She loves to point out how it's entirely impossible to have a baby in a condo. While we're aware it's not ideal, it's not as though it's never been done before, and our apartment is lovely. It may be small, but it's not some horrible, anti-baby pit of danger for goodnessakes!

My OH also loves to talk baby names, between the two of us.

My OH hardly ever mentions pregnancy or TTC.
It's lame for me as I wish he could be as excited about the future family thing as I am - but the fact he's not as eager as me is kind of another reason why we are still waiting. :)

Mines does at times, but we had a discussion a few weeks back (right after my third failed pregnancy) and he told me that he does want to be a dad but he is deliberately not getting his hopes up because of our history- it made me feel so guilty!

I remember the second time I was pregnant, we were doing a list of pros to the pregnancy (timing wasn't ideal!!) to make us more bonded to the baby, and he wrote "knowing I will be able to see you in 8 months time holding my baby" and it just made me well up!

He mentions things on the odd occasion, like we were talking about how both him and I have really small feet, so he said "oh our baby will definitely have small feet" or we were talking about how we both have light brown hair and blue eyes, so our kid would probably look like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->