Does your baby sleep on their tummy?

Perhaps talk to her pediatrician, because mine recommended tummy sleeping when she refused to settle on her back and spent all night trying to roll over, even in her swaddle. He went over some guidelines to help make it as safe as possible.

Both of my girls have slept on their bellys since birth. my mother made me feel better about it saying that only a decade ago belly sleep was the way to go.

and personally i am not a believe in %s or statistics. havent you ever heard the saying that "78% of all percentages statistics are either wrong or made up.". :)

Mine only will sleep on her tummy even from birth.

Both of my girls have slept on their bellys since birth. my mother made me feel better about it saying that only a decade ago belly sleep was the way to go.

and personally i am not a believe in %s or statistics. havent you ever heard the saying that "78% of all percentages statistics are either wrong or made up.". :)

SIDS statistics aren't "made up." They're based on dozens of studies done over the past several decades. If you want to ignore that kind of research in making parenting decisions that's your prerogative, but those numbers weren't just picked at random - a lot of time and work went into making that information available.

Mine has been sleeping on her tummy since she turned 6 months old. She did it on her own one night and coincidentally that's when she also started sleeping through

My LO started napping on her stomach from about 3 months..I began laying her down on her tummy around 6 months...now she just flops either way regardless of how I lay her lol..she slept so much better on her tummy but it really is a judgement call xx

I honestly think this tummy sleeping is like a lot of other things that gets blown up and before we know it. It's a must. When we were babies it was "safest" for us to sleep on our tummies. As my home care nurse told me. The reason dr's push back sleeping is because they do not know who they are talking to. A smoking home where a mom would put a child face down on a comforter with blankets around. Because they can't see which home their talking to. They have to be firm and broad. No sleeping on Tummys. The issue with SIDS is its "unexplained". So ther are so many things it "could" be. SIDS is so broad and undefined. As a mom my daughter has always slept on her tummy as soon as she could turn her head. On a hard mattress, fitted sheet and nothing else. Do you know many babies get flat head now and have to wear helmets ever since back sleeping was the safe way? I know 3 kids who had to wear these poor helmets...the head obviously is not meant to always be the support or else these issues would not be happening. Anyways that's my opinion on the matter. Those who believe different I truly believe your allowed that opinion and don't think your "wrong". I've just done my own research and this is what I am choosing for my family.

SIDS deaths have been cut in half by the Back To Sleep campaign. That's a fact. We're all free to make our own choices as mothers, but it's silly to justify going against the new recommendations because "just 10 years ago it was better to put them on their tummy." We've learned since then, and it's saved the lives of a lot of babies.

SIDS deaths have been cut in half by the Back To Sleep campaign. That's a fact. We're all free to make our own choices as mothers, but it's silly to justify going against the new recommendations because "just 10 years ago it was better to put them on their tummy." We've learned since then, and it's saved the lives of a lot of babies.

Agree with this. Research happens, we learn, we change things to reduce the risks. Years ago they said smoking was good for your health- we know now this isnt the case, just as years ago they said tummy sleeping was safest- again, we now know that isnt the case either.

Id rather have my 'poor child' wear a helmet for a flat head than die from SIDS.

Of course, these are only guidelines, they are not rules. It is any bodys choice if they choose to follow them. I dont think that anyone that doesnt is a bad Mum or cares any less for their baby, I believe they do it with the best intentions for their child. But its not something i would personally do.

Has SIDS decreases or just as you said. Has medical research gotten better so we've been better able to identify things that were labelled as SIDS before?

Listen you ladies are clearly passionate about this so I'm not gonna argue beause I k ow there's nothing l can say that will convince you otherwise. I'm glad conversations like this happen but I truly believe the next generation will have a new set of rules. Like i said. I'm not just deciding this. The home care nurse was the directive who told me done properly, tummy sleeping is safe ONCE a baby has the control to turn his/her head

Has SIDS decreases or just as you said. Has medical research gotten better so we've been better able to identify things that were labelled as SIDS before?

Listen you ladies are clearly passionate about this so I'm not gonna argue beause I k ow there's nothing l can say that will convince you otherwise. I'm glad conversations like this happen but I truly believe the next generation will have a new set of rules. Like i said. I'm not just deciding this. The home care nurse was the directive who told me done properly, tummy sleeping is safe ONCE a baby has the control to turn his/her head

I could see your point if you were talking 60, 70 years ago- but that back to sleep campaign was only introduced just over 20 years ago. Things like postmortems are/were very thorough and would have picked up other causes. This is only the 90's we are talking about.

However, i do appreciate your views, like you say there are many factors which may contribute to SIDs, as parents, we research and we choose the option we believe is best for our child x

I had to come and read this post when I saw the title.

My 3.5 month old started rolling a few weeks ago. At the moment though she can only get on her tummy and not back on to her back. In the last week as soon as she is put in her cot on her back she rolls on to her side then eventually on to her front.

Since she has been doing it she has slept through, not needing a bottle or nappy change through the night.

The problem I have is she can roll on her front but not back again. As she is putting herself on her front is it safe to leave her? If she gets her leg out of the cot and gets frustrated I move her back on her back but within 10 mins she is back on her side or front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->