dog owners

Mammy2Joojx

Mammy To My Gorgeous Boy
Reaction score
anyone gotta dog but no garden? Is it even possible :wacko:

I live in a 2 bedroomed house, & i have a drive. My mam lives opposite side of the street & she has a garden however it's not convvenient is it?

I want to get my son a dog for his birthday in june but dont know if i should when i haven't got a garden (although it could go for wee/poo on drive & i'd clean up but also, i wouldn't be able to walk dog after 8pm due to LO being in bed, but i do know there's some dogs what don't need walking alot.

Please help :( i'm sure i'm not the only one who can't walk their dog until certain times so i know its possible but whats the best dog? X

Believe it or not greyhounds make great friendly lazy dogs and they are always in rescue centres x u don't need a garden..go for it!

greyhounds need walking alot though dont they? & i cant walk at night as LO in bed & i'm a single parent :) greyhounds are really tall & skinny arent they? Think it'd be abit big for my son although i'd love one x

greyhounds need walking alot though dont they? & i cant walk at night as LO in bed & i'm a single parent :) greyhounds are really tall & skinny arent they? Think it'd be abit big for my son although i'd love one x

My grey is only an inch taller than my other dog who is border collie sized. Granted she's an exceptionally dinky greyhound - but it's not so much her actual size that takes up room, as the fact she refuses to fold her legs up when she lies down - she can get into a nice curled up ball if she wants to!

They're also exceptionally, incredibly lazy - think about Usain Bolt... you ain't likely to catch him suddenly running marathons - they're very much built for short bursts of energy... a 20 minute walk does her completely (and until she got some stamina built up after leaving the track - she'd run away in disgust if you said the "walkies" word).

Having said that - the time when we had no back garden cos the fence had blown down was an utter pain in the butt... and although you couldn't walk after 8, you'd still probably need to be able to take them out for a final before-bed widdle at least anyway.

i could do anytime before 8pm :) so would that be too early for some dogs? Ideally i'd want a smaller dog but i don't know what to get :( x

we had a dog in a flat (staffie) I used to do an hour walk each day and then let dog out at 8pm and then again at about 7/8am for a wee ( not walk) x depends on breed.

If you can't walk after 8 then it's not a good idea....I wouldn't entertain a dog without a garden. We've got a rottie x husky and he's out in the garden in and out up to 5 times a day and thats with walks.

Get a house rabbit, Easily loveable, Litter trainable and dont require walks :thumbup:

Ours is great, he thinks he is a dog. he comes to his name, loves being petted and lives in a cage in the sitting room (overnight) and comes oput during the day (when im in), he doesnt chew and costs very little....... And id much rather clean up rabbit poo than dog poo.

We have a staffie x and a sausage dog. Both go out ALOT or they pee in the house, They are probs put out about once an hour and will spend hours out there, they do however manage overnight obviously)....I couldnt have a dog without a garden, but thats just my way of thinking, im very lucky to be able to open the door and their off. (ours have 5 acres to run on, and still like a walk!!!)

My dogs have always been able to go 12 hours at night (even my 16yr old staffie!) but I guess the option is there if they need too!

I wouldn't suggest getting a dog hun.
I let Twix out in the garden all the time whenever I am in the kitchen and she goes for a walk.

I'd go for another pet

well thats that idea then :haha: don't want another pet eg cat/rabbit as i only wanted a dog & don't want to just get a pet just for the sake of it :( ah well thanks for all yyour advice anyway x

My dogs used to go out for there last walk at 7pm and after that would stay in until there morning walk at 8am, im getting a puppy soon and dont have a garden x

if i got a dog it'd be a little on & i've heard a cavalier king charles (i think) don't need walking alot. I could always put it outside on the drive for its toilet business haha i know there's people what manage i just don't know if i should do it. What dog are you getting hun? Where will it go for toilet on a night? X

What if it needed to go toilet after 8:00? A puppy certainly couldn't go for 12 hours without going out. Older dogs can but it depends on the dog, my German Shepherd would be fine but my Golden wouldn't.

How much time could you walk it for during the day?

no restrictions as to when i could walk it through the day as i'm out of work atm so i can walk anytime as many times as it needed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->