• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dolphin Assisted Birth?

Kat541

New Mom 9/5/12
Reaction score
Anyone heard of this? Would you do it? I'm not sure I would.

https://www.google.com/#q=dolphin+assisted+birth&safe=off

Holy Moly!

I don't think I'd be in a rush to give that a go.. no :p

Wow. I definitely would not do that, it sounds dangerous.

That sounds extremely dangerous. I would not even consider.

Oh my goodness, why would anyone think that's a good idea? And what is this obsession with dolphins anyway?
Anyway, apart from the obvious danger of giving birth (=bleeding and possibly acting erratically) around wild animals, I'd be very worried about hygiene. So the dolphins might be perfectly nice to you but you're still in an environment with all sorts of dirt and micro-organisms floating about. So you're exposing your brand new baby to that and your open wound from the placenta. Why would you think that's a good idea?
I absolutely pro water birth and doing things "naturally". But just because it involves some part of nature, doesn't mean it's a "natural" thing for humans to do. And completely discounting even basic medical knowledge, like eg knowledge about hygiene, is just plain reckless.

Uh... I'm not even sure this is a real thing.

There are plenty of stories around about people who are apparently considering this, but I cannot find one example anywhere of anyone who has actually done it. So basically this is the same as unicorn-assisted birth. Which also sounds dangerous if you ask me.

I came across one video of a baby being born in a pool with a dolphin in captivity. The dolphin was trying to get its nose right in the action, if you know what I mean, and the dad and midwife kept pushing its nose away.
Pass!

Next it will be dolphin assisted conception...

Oh now that is just freaky hahaha
What would you do? Sex in the ocean?

No thanks. I'm all for natural birthing and having a dolphin swim around as I birth is about as natural to me as a twilight birth. Both bizarre.

That is hilarious! And what's a twilight birth? Does it involve vampires?!

Yeah, this being the internet, I have already had the misfortune of tripping and falling on a dolphin bestiality site. I'm hoping the people who were giving advice were talking out their ass and not speaking from experience. :wacko:

Apparently it means drugging the birthing person up so much that they aren't even aware they're laboring or birthing.

haha dolphin births... my midwife gave me some old natural birth videos at the end of my first pregnancy and one of them had a dolphin birth on it... after watching that i had the wierdest dream that my midwife took my to the beach while i was in labor and wanted me to get in with the dolphins.. they were all trying to come up and bump my belly with their noses.. it was really vivid and funny. i was freaked out when i woke up... dolphins... haha

Yeah, this being the internet, I have already had the misfortune of tripping and falling on a dolphin bestiality site. I'm hoping the people who were giving advice were talking out their ass and not speaking from experience. :wacko:

Apparently it means drugging the birthing person up so much that they aren't even aware they're laboring or birthing.

Omg!!

Gosh how irresponsible! The dolphins will poo and everything in that water! Infection will follow definitely!!

Im sorry- but gross- INFECTION pops out in my mind and personally- also I don't need a dolphin trying to get close to my lady parts...the thought of that makes me feel disgusting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->