don;t want to give up!

wishing4ababy

mummy of 3 gorgeous LO's!
Reaction score
I am kind of getting to the end of my tether. Last night Charlie wanted to feed all night. He cried for food and then wouldn't latch on. It was so frustrating. My bbs are so sore and i have no idea whether my milk has come in or not - when i squeeze them they produce a milky liquid but not sure if this is still colostrum???
How do i know if he is getting enough - and can it make any difference with him being 3 weeks early???????
xxx

Babies often feed alot when they are young, for the first couple months they have continuous growth spurts... and a baby that is early just has that much more catching up to do.

How old is he.....you're ticker says he's not been born just yet!! :rofl:

Based on the april 16 date I assumed 35 or 36 weeks gestation??? If that the case the baby isnt that far behind. They do have to catch up a bit though.

I know its frustrating but there is lots of support from the ladies on this board to help you through.... Having someone like a consultant help you to make sure your latch is right too.

he was born at 37 weeks 9th april.
he's latching on fine but just wanting to stay there!!

So he's only a few days old then hun. Your milk is only really just coming in. Give it a chance honey - it going to get easier. :hugs:

It'll get easier.
I have nights where they just want to feed ALL NIGHT!! My MW said that is just them having a growth spurt.
Good Luck.

i hadthe exact same thing with kaidayn when he was 3 days old he just wanted to eat all night n torn my nipples apar :( but things are better n much easier but i broke down n now he is combo feed

Hey hun, I found the first week so hard, but the pain will subside and the milk will come. Jess was early and I'm sure it took a bit longer than usual for my milk to come in. Did you have a c-section this time? I know this can make a difference to the length of time ur milk takes to come in because your body doesn't release the hormones that they do when going through labour.

Hope ur ok and can get through the tough bit and start to enjoy xx

My little boy feeds all night and sleeps all day! Its so hard and tiring but I am determined to carry on. Try not to give up, it should get easier.... my nipples were really sore first few days. Do you have any Lanisoh? xxx

My son was born at 35 weeks and daughter at 36 weeks and they also tried to feed for hours and were fussy at first, it really does get better after about a week, it took 5 days for my milk to come in and it improved after that.
I know its frustrating and tiring, best thing I can recommend is just to make sure you are comfy, lots of water, snacks and if your nipples get really bad there is a great cream, think its kamillosan ( or something spelt like that!!!):hug:

There are days when Jack will only feed for five or ten minutes at a time and every hour. Those days are utterly exhausting and my milk production can't keep up (we have to occasionally supplement with formula). We think he is just taking the foremilk on those days because he is quenching his thirst and not really hungry every feed.

Your LO is still just forming a pattern and the best thing you can do is stick with it because it will get easier. I have my moments where I just want to give up, it is really hard to get through these early days/weeks, but it will be well worth it!

Oh and I can't recommend Lansinoh nipple cream highly enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->