Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

CanadianMaple

Reaction score
I know there are a few of us using donor sperm for our IUIs. Please check in and we can chat about the experience of using a donor and support each other through the process. :flower:

Hey! I'm new to this site 8dpiui using donor sperm...this experience is wonderful if I get a positive ...

I'm Becky and my husband has azoospermia (no sperm in ejacuate). We have been TTC for exactly a year, since we got married. We found out last winter that he had no sperm in his SA and spent the spring doing hormonal and genetic tests. In May, we were offered a biopsy to look for sperm, but the odds were too low for the cost.

So, I am on the birth control pill for a cycle due to high LH and will start clomid 50mg for 5 days and do a trigger shot. It looks like it could happen around August 1.

We are still trying to pick a donor. We're pretty close, but still have some questions we need answered to feel 100%.

Even if you aren't quite to the IUI stage, feel free to chime in!

Hey! I'm new to this site 8dpiui using donor sperm...this experience is wonderful if I get a positive ...

You should be testing soon! How exciting! Are you getting a beta this week or doing home tests? Any symptoms?

:hi: I'm going to join you! Great idea on the thread. We are using a donor due to DH's vasectomy reversal healing back up. I did the clomid/trigger route since I have no fertility problems that we know of. Currently I am 9 dpiui and 11dpt. Beta on Thursday.

I look forward to chatting with others who are going through the same process.

I hope you get both get positive tests this week.

DH took a long time to get used to the idea and how I think he is even more comfortable with it than I am at times! How are your husbands with it with it being done?

My dh has klinefelters syndrome so no sperm at all and donor was our only option. I am 11dpdiui today after our first diui. I tested every day from 3dpdiui to see when the trigger shot had left my system (it took about 10 days from the trigger being done) I got my bfp this morning on a Internet cheapie and a clearblue digital. For us it's given a a real chance of a miracle.

Thanks you CM! Soon it will be your turn to start. My DH handled everything very well. I was shocked but we both knew that it was pretty much the only way.

Congrats Startdust!! That is so exciting. :happydance:

Canadian, what a great idea for a thread. I have been on the azoo thread for months and months but now I'm going through IUI (woopydaydoodaa) I feel bad about posting on there as it must be tough for the newbies only getting diagnosed :( and then on the ordinary IUI threads I felt lindi didn't fit in also. So YAY for this :)

My story, in brief: TTC for over 3 years :( hubby had scar tissue from an operation when he was young which we found out (after months of tests) it was irreversible. As you will all understand it has been a very tough LONG road. So skip to present: we just had DIUI last week and I am still in shock that we have had IUI.

So did you guys trigger? Any symptoms? How are ur hubby's? Mine has been amazing, he makes me so proud, he is so excited and positive but realistic it might take some time.
I have no symptoms, a few twinges but I could have imagined them :)

Stardust! Wow! Congrats. Was that your first IUI? Any symptoms?
Your dream is coming true :)

Question? What is cd1 past IUI classed as? Is it the day after IUI is 1dpiui and is it 14dpiui is the day u can test (technically) or would it be 15dpiui?
#Confusediuivirgin

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see people posting in there. The azoo thread was awesome for when we were still looking at trying to find sperm in there, but now I feel like I don't really fit in there. I still love the members there and want to stay in touch, but I felt like my questions/posts involving IUI weren't really being heard.

Stardust- Congratulations!!!! You must be over the moon after being through everything you went through!

WANBMUM- I'm really excited to hear you're in the 2ww! I hope the twinges become the real thing. When do you test?

From what I understand, the day after the IUI is 1dpIUI and many people will get a positive at about 10dpIUI. One girl on another board I post at got a BFP (very faint) at 8dpIUI. She had tested out the trigger too, so it looks real and was darker today.

WANBMUM~ I did a trigger shot. I didn't have symptoms from the shot at first but about 5dpo(iui) I started getting very tender nipples. :wacko: The worst is in the shower or when I move wrong in my sleep. It's still the same and a few twinges the past couple of days. It's really hard to tell if it's the trigger. I've done one trigger in the past and din't have one symptom. Same shot both times. I consider the day after iui 1pdiui.

My husband has been wonderful through this process. He isn't home and was gone for the IUI though. He is still very supportive and positive.

I'm curious which Sperm Bank everyone chose? I'm limited to a few banks and am focusing on the European Sperm Bank through the Seattle Sperm Bank.

I know we have talked about this but I feel I should answer as well. We used Cryogenic. It's a free website and they share a ton of info about the donors.

I just looked at your website. I think it is one we can use here in Canada, but I couldn't find any Canadian-available blond guys. (Health Canada has different standards for donor sperm, they make sure they are chlamydia and gonorrhea negative before importing them or something like that...)

Who's testing tomorrow?

Sorry you couldn't find anything on there. Is it anything or anyone? I'm going with anything. I wish you luck in your search. How many do you have it down to.

I'm testing tomorrow! :winkwink:

Thanks Guys :)
So far, I am going to wait until 14dpiui to test or wait for af. I don't know why but I don't want to test out my trigger, the thought makes me uneasy. Maybe it has something to do with the disappointments of seeing many negatives when we were ttc and the thought of seeing a false positive because of the trigger :( It always made me feel stupid, thinking I was pregnant but then getting a negative?!?!!!
Now that is the plan so far, that could change as time goes on, maybe I will feel differently. :)
We are using a Danish sperm bank. We got a full profile with baby pictures.

Stardust! Wow! Congrats. Was that your first IUI? Any symptoms?
Your dream is coming true :)

Thank you, I'm in disbelief at the moment, it hasn't sunk in at all. We had 2 cancelled cycles, one right at the start because I had 3 really big follicles left from the previous cycle and the other because I didn't respond to the Gonal f, so it was he first time we actually got as far as IUI.
I've been getting a few symptoms. I've had loads of abdominal pinching and stretching, my bb's are huge and veiny. This might be tmi but I slept really badly the night of 9dpdiui and was so nauseous, when I woke up and went to the bathroom there was a huge clump of ewcm about the size of a strawberry, very strange and random. My cervix remained high and firm, I got a big implantation dip in my chart at 7dpdiui, never ever had that before, then my chart went triphasic.
GL to all you ladies, I really really thought after 25 months trying I'd never be pregnant again, I had genuinely lost all hope and was just going through the motions. I have to phone my clinic on Friday and give them the news, then we get to book our 7 week scan to see how many we've got!!
:dust: to you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"