Donor Sperm IUI/IVF- 2012

Wow, that is not TMI at all. So so happy for you. I know what you mean, I can't even picture us ever getting a bfp, after wanting something for so long and coming to terms with infertility it really is hard to believe it may happen. I hope I got a shock of my life, sometime in the near future :)
Keep us posted on anymore symptoms :)

WANBMUM- We are looking at a Danish donor too! I have such a draw for those donors, I have no idea why. Were you able to see more than one baby picture for your donor? I get the profiles emailed to me since the Canadian broker doesn't have those donors on a website. When are you 14DPIUI?

Stardust- I hadn't thought about charting again during the IUI. Since the azoo dx, I put away my thermometer. I had charted for years and years, so it will be fun to track it like that again. I wonder how long it will take it to sink in!

MrsC- How are you today?

AFM- I think we have narrowed it down to our actual donor. I would like to print his info out and really look it over. There were no red flags, other than my questions about SMA and HSV/HPV from before. I just realized I only have a week of BCPs left and then my cycle is about to start. The nurse said it takes about 3 days for my CD1 to start after the pill. That means I will start next Saturday, get my CD3 baseline u/s that Monday and then do the other ultrasound on July 31st. It looks like the IUI will be Aug 2!

CM~ Yay for having a possible date set for the IUI and having the donor picked out. That is the hardest part. Thats great that you are almost done with the BC.

Thanks for asking about me this morning. I'm very excited to announce that we got our bfp this morning. I knew something was going on with the way I was feeling and waking up half way through the night for the past 2-3 days. If you don't mind I hope to stick around and cheer you wonderful ladies on. :flower:

Congratulations!! I had a feeling it was happening for you too. You better stick around in here! ;) Your story gives me so much hope for when it's our time.

I cannot wait until I get finished with these BCPs. I hate how they make me feel.

I'm so disappointed. Nothing for our IUI is going to be covered. I thought the clomid would be at the very least, but it's not. We're looking at $2000 for this one shot. I shouldn't complain, but that's a lot riding on a BFP.

That was one thing that drove me crazy about the IUI. Nothing was covered for us either. I don't know what stores you have in Canada, do you have Walmart? Thats where I got my clomid and it was 9.00 I think. Thats the cheapest part! The trigger I got from my clinic which I believe was 98.00. A little cheaper than the stores because when I checked it was about 110.00. Just giving you ideas.

Thank you and I will stick around. I look forward to seeing you get your bfp.

OMG. $9???? I just called around and the cheapest for generic Clomid is $64. The trigger is $93.

I knew nothing else would be covered, but with DH's great drug plan, I really figured the clomid would have been covered. :(

I can't believe the clomid is that much. That is shocking to me. Everywhere around here is $9-10 for generic. It's so hard when nothing is covered. It really isn't fair. You will only need to do it once and it will so be worth it. :winkwink:

Canadian, the particular profile we chose in the end has 3 pictures, 2 baby and one about 2/3 years old, I did see other profiles with just one, I think it is however many the donor gives?
For me, a photo was so important, whereas my hubby was more interested in intellect! I'm so shallow, hehe.
Mrs C, estactic for you. So what cd are you today past iui and when did you get your first bfp AND how did you feel different, explain :) :)

WANBMUM~ Today I'm 10dpiui. I started getting lines on tests two days ago I think. Although most of those lines couldn't be seen by anyone but me. I did make a thread in the pregnancy test area because I thought I was going crazy. I still find it crazy how dark the lines got over night. I started feeling different honestly around 4dpo. Thats early I know! I thought it was the trigger because tmi but my nipples hurt really bad all the sudden. :blush: They still do! You always hear about the people who "just knew." Thats what I felt like. Other than my one symptom I had a lot of trouble sleeping the past couple days. Falling asleep was fine but I would wake up 4-5 times a night. Today that happened and I decided to call my hubby since he is overseas and I knew he would be up. He told me to test and her we are with our bfp! I'm still having a hard time believing it. :cloud9:

Omg! Your only 10dpiui?!?! How many follicles did you have? You could be cooking more than 1???? Amazing!
Did you test out your trigger, from what cd did you do this, I'm still not sure if I should test it out or just wait.

:shock: I had 3! I did test out my trigger from the day after the shot. Heres the thread I started. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/1089671-line-eye-start-bfp.html It's not the trigger thats for sure. If there is more than one we will be ok. I may have to ask hubby to take a job in the states so I can have his help though. :haha:

Imagine having twins? There is something like a 10% chance with clomid.

Are you going to ask for an early beta now?

I have a beta scheduled for tomorrow. Thats why I was testing so much. I wanted to be prepared for whats to come tomorrow morning. I did call the clinic and she said that I will come in tomorrow and then again 2 days later. It sucks I have to drive an hour each way to do a quick blood draw and then drive back. I'm excited though. We would be ok with twins. We have talked about it and said that if it happens it happens. Triplets... that would be hard and we would manage. Either way we would be ok and find a way to make it work. They did tell me there is a chance for twins or triplets on the day of the IUI.

I can't wait to see your beta number. I think it is usually around 30 at that point. I know there is a website out there somewhere with the numbers.

I finally got an email back from the sperm bank. They guarantee 10 mil of sperm per vial. Is that a lot? He also has reported pregnancies, which is important to me.

I would love twins :) I'd be happy with whatever we are given, within reason of course :) We were told about higher risk of multiples with chlomid, this cycle we went natural, so that rules that out.
I would put money on the fact you have more than one! The fact of how soon you got your bfp and how quick the lines have darkened and your still only 10dpiui. Oh I am so excited for you guys.
Safe trip tomorrow and let us know as soon as.

When you said you just knew, did you still in your head say 'don't be silly and don't get your hopes up, your imagining it' or did you just know you were with no doubt? As I go through fazes saying 'I have to be, I feel different' but then I think it's prob the effects of the trigger. Which It probably is.
2WW are sooooooooooooo hard! I had forgotten! :(

Canadian, you have just made me realise how dumb I am! When we were ordering our sperm I kept thinking 10 mil is so low, I thought it was 10 million actual sperm hehehehehe. They meant 10 mils right? To this day I did not understand it.
It's about the quality not the quantity.
From what I've been told, the sperm donors are narrowed down from thousands, so say 600 donors bring a sample, only 10 of those might be used. So any on the sites really are the best of. The fact there is a reported pregnancy is assurance enough.
Yay! How many photos did you get?

10 million sperm per 1/2 ml. :) Xytex offers 12.5 million per vial.

I only get one picture of the one we like, and it's not the best quality. I think that may be my only hesitation about the whole thing.

I still have some slight reservations about using donor sperm. I think it's all fear of the unknown. I still worry that our child will feel sad or resentful that their donor wasn't a part of their life. It sounds so crazy, I know. Do you have advice about how to feel 100% confident with moving forward?

Congratulations on your BFPs! It's pretty exciting to see iui work so well.

My first iui is scheduled for mid August. At the moment it looks like it will be an unmedicated iui. I have an appointment with my doctor on the 16th so the medication question/ issue may change.

Eitherway I am incredibly excited for you all.

Welcome curly sue! Good luck for August.

Canadian, I think it is more than natural to feel like that, I have the same feelings, I don't think anyone in our situation can feel 100% assured of the unknown. however the reality is, if we can go through what we have already we can get through that. When the time comes, honesty really is the best policy. Hopefully our child will feel so loved and secure that it won't be a big deal. That is my hope.

On this note, for all the girls. What is your plan for telling your future babies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->