Don't know how far i'll get

dippy dee

Reaction score
Hi girls ( and guys if there's any on here), my name is donna and i'm 11 weeks pregnant, i was told last week that i have a weak cervix that won't hold anything over 3lb, i'll start from the begining for you all.
I am a mom of 8 wonderful children aging from 14 to 2, my last 4 pregnancies were early the earliest being 26 weeks ( my waters went with him at 24 weeks), when i asked why this was i was told it was " just one of those things", but when i went to see my consultant i was told it was a weak cervix and that this baby will be a preemie :cry:
I'm terrified when i had jack ( my youngest) he faced so many problems and still does, he has cronic lung disease a pda and a hole inbetween the main left and right ventricle, he's nocturnal o2 dependant though it is reduced to low flow now so hopefully not long till he gives it up. One of my worst memories is of breast feeding him in mcdonnalds only for him to stop breathing and his heart stop so i had to resussitate my little man till the paramedics got to us, we then spent another 4 weeks in hospital and this is when we found out about the hole and his lung disease. :cry: but my little fighter is just that and is now the weight and height of a 3 year old :happydance:
I am terrified of this pregnancy now, i think it's the knowing and not the unknowing that scares me as i know this baby will be delivered around 24 - 26 weeks and i know all that my little bub will have to endure.
Sorry to rant on but i just wanted to say hi to you all as i am going to need you all as my dh is not the best support at all.
Thankyou for reeding this, donna

Hi Donna, I have n incompetant cervix too and Ellen was born at 24 weeks, if i can be of any help at all for you just shout!

thankyou ssssooooo much sarah it'll be good to have some one to talk/cry to who will know what i'm going through.

Wow....good luck this time:hug::hugs:

Hi babe. I don't have an incompetent cervix but always start contracting much too soon.

My 1st baby Rachael was born at 24wks, weighed 1lb 10oz but only lived for 17 hours.

My 2nd Thomas was 34 wks, weighed 4lb 6oz but only lived for 28hours, they said that he was starved of oxygen at some point but they don't know when or what caused it, may have been pressure on the cord or something that was enough to cause damage to his heart but not kill him in utero. However he just wasn't strong enough in the outside world:cry:

My 3rd Lauren is 5 now. I started contracting at 24, 28 and 32 weeks and they stopped the labour each time with drugs. I eventually had her at 35wks, she weighed 5lbs 13oz and she was fine, we stayed in hospital for a week as she needed light therapy for jaudiced but was lovely and healthy.

My 4th Abi is 4 now. I needed to be stopped twice at about 26 and 30wks but carried Abi to 38wks, she weighed 6lb 10oz and was lovely and healthy too.

My 5th Toby is 9months and was born at 36wks, he weighed 7lb 13oz with no previous scares. He is a gorgeous happy, healthy little boy.

I'm nervous about this pregnancy as it is so close to my last one but fingers crossed....it'll be ok.

I just wanted to give you lots of :hug: & wish you all the luck in the world

Kelly xxx

I hope this time goes much better for you :hugs:

My first were the only time I carried to term, they (twin girls) were born at 38 weeks, no complications. I have had twins born at 24 1/2 weeks (exact same gestation that my Isebelle was just born at) and they sadly didn't make it. My now-4 year old was born at 31 weeks, my 3 year old was born at 35 weeks, 2 year old at 25 weeks, and my 13 month old twins were born at 29 weeks. Now Isebelle was just born at 24.5 weeks. So I have quite the history of it too, and frustratingly, I've never been given a reason for it either. Twice I have had pre-eclampsia, but the other times, "just one of those things". I thought this time might go different, but obviously not.

The best thing to do is just try and stay positive and have hope that even if your little one does come early, he or she can make it through okay. I know no matter if you've been through it before, it doesn't get any easier. believe me, I'm struggling big time right now.

So if you ever want to chat, feel free to drop me a line, I'd be happy to talk & would appreciate someone to talk to who's been through it before too. I do hope this time goes much smoother :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->