dont know how to get him off so many bottles a day!

passengerrach

mummy to kai
Reaction score
thought id post this here too as didnt get many replies in baby club

my son is nearly 11 months old and he still has 7 bottles in 24 hours and he eats 3 meals a day with snacks in between hes in no way over weight and im about ready to give up with trying to get him off them he still has 2 bottles at night and i just dont know what to do any more anything hv's have suggested hasnt worked he will not go without an every 4 hour feed! what will i do when hes 1 can i even switch to cows milk if hes having so much and im so worried about a 2 week holiday i have booked for beginning of june what will i do on the plane? will i have to take loads of tubs of formula in my suitcase. does anybody have any advice for me anything i can try?

I wish i did have some advice for you hun, my LO is exactly the same, i thought he was dropping bottles when he didnt want as much milk, but nope he now wants more bottles but less in them, hopefully someone will come along with some advice, will be watching this thread.. x

Hi, I can see me being in your situation, Freya is nearly 9 months and still has 6 bottles a day with 8oz in each, plus 3 meals. I am just going to wait for her to drop one herself, but like you I want it to be soon! I too am going on holiday soon and would quite like her to think about getting rid of a bottle. Will keep watching this thread! :)

Hi, I can see me being in your situation, Freya is nearly 9 months and still has 6 bottles a day with 8oz in each, plus 3 meals. I am just going to wait for her to drop one herself, but like you I want it to be soon! I too am going on holiday soon and would quite like her to think about getting rid of a bottle. Will keep watching this thread! :)

thats what i have been doing waiting for him to drop one by himself but i dont think its going to happen lol atm im just going to try giving him more snacks between meals and see how that works but i dont want to make him overweight thats the only worry so il just see how it goes

My LO only 6mths, but its like an adult, the more you eat the bigger ur belly gets so the bigger appetite you have! My HV recommends as approx 6mth old should be having 18-21oz of formula per day, up to 12 months, 28oz per day. Think i'll start lowering one of her bottles soon n try n wean her off it. Go from 7oz to 5oz to 3oz etc & give bit more solid on than feed to compensate.Couldnt see Olivia just coming off a bottle all of a sudden, she aint daft!!!! x

My LO only 6mths, but its like an adult, the more you eat the bigger ur belly gets so the bigger appetite you have! My HV recommends as approx 6mth old should be having 18-21oz of formula per day, up to 12 months, 28oz per day. Think i'll start lowering one of her bottles soon n try n wean her off it. Go from 7oz to 5oz to 3oz etc & give bit more solid on than feed to compensate.Couldnt see Olivia just coming off a bottle all of a sudden, she aint daft!!!! x

this is what i have been doing i did say id tried everything lol

i don't know what kind of milk your on but have you tried the milk for hungrier babies and also with my little ones i used to feed them a rusk mashed up at night and then their bottle and i managed to cut one bottle out a day then

Does he take a sippy? What about trying to wean him off the bottle first rather than all the milk + the bottle... give him some of his milk feeds in the sippy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->