Don't know what to do about my gassy night baby (10 months)

aliss

Reaction score
My little man is already turning 10 months and I don't know what to do with him. We bedshare, and he loves night nursing. This isn't a problem with me, I'm in no rush to wean, but he has always been a gassy baby (just gas, nothing medical) and I can no longer burp him, he has to fart/burp himself. But he doesn't. So as the night goes on, he gets gassier and gassier, and from 3:30-5ish it's just a bunch of wriggling and moaning.

Has anyone been through this? What do you do? He loves a feed around 9pm (bedtime is 6pm) and even if that is the only one he takes, it's enough to bother his tummy. :dohh:

Do you still have oversupply issues? If I skip my night pump and he feeds from a "full" boob when I come into bed, mine will swallow air and roll around later in the night until he burps it out. Pumping might not be a useful suggestion for you, but maybe block feeding in the evening to specifically reduce evening supply if you don't think you'd get an infection from it? Sorry I can't be more help, that's got to be a little frustrating for both of you.

Yay a response :rofl: I know it's once you get towards a year as a lot of people aren't nursing anymore and don't know what to say :rofl:

I don't have oversupply but I still have overactive letdown. I think I'm screwed lol. But I will try block feeding tonight, thank you!!! I've also stopped (tried to at least) nursing him to sleep because of this which is a shame because I am one of the few who actually enjoys it...

Ah, that was it. Would it piss him off for you to sit him upright and tap his back a little once he starts the moaning/wiggling? If the wiggling has started, that usually means the burp will escape pretty easily for mine-- it might truncate the 3-5am gas dance. I know this would really upset some babies, though. Good luck!

Hmm my lo suffers awfully with trapped wind at night. We have managed to get past the burping phase, but now he screams and squirms until he farts, which could mean hourly wake ups all night. Sorry, not helpful, I have no clue. I have been giving infacol lately, but it doesn't help. Also just stopped the bedtime feed, doesn't seem to have helped either.

The only thing that fixed my dd night gas was giving up dairy and soy, for both of us.

Thx so much :) I have been trying to not nurse him to sleep (easier said than done) and it's helping a wee bit the last few nights.

It helped me massively to sit mine up and burp them, even when they could do it themselves, even changing their position to shift their wind for a minute and laying them back down, even if they were asleep, and it usually sorted the 3-5am dramas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->