Dont want to do it any more :(

ladybrock

first time mummy
Reaction score
I feel so sad , dont feel bonded with my boy as i thought i would and dont want to do this any more.

Whats wrong with me? Im fed up and bored with feeding and burping him constantly and its upsetting me to feel like this.

What can i do? Am i depressed?

:hugs: Have you got an appointment coming up with your health visitor/midwife?? I would suggest talking about how you are feeling to them. If not maybe pop and see your doctor? I am sure there are ladies on here who can give you some good advice. Didn't want to read and run. Stay strong, these days will pass im sure xxxx

Hey hun

Feel free to pm me or fb me - I've been there and know how hard it can be and how it feels like x

hey, it's just hormones! they take time to settle and things can be monotonous the first few months til baby starts responding to you.
I didn't feel bonded to lo when she was born and it took a while to come but now I can't imagine life without her, it will come with time.
Make sure you're looking after yourself, eat well, drink water, sleep when you can, get out the house even for 5 minutes, chat to a good friend about something else, and call in a favour if you need a break.
don 't worry you'll be ok, if symptoms persist for more than 2 weeks see your dr.

It's hormones, and it's truly awful. It's not real though, and it will get better. Every evening I get a dip in mood where I feel so sad and hopeless. If it doesn't lift in a few weeks I'm off to the docs as I've had pnd before and want to nip it in the bud if it's starting again xx

Hormones and baby blues! Had it with my first. I sometimes just wanted someone to take him away cause I'd changed my mind about being a Mum. I loved him cause he was mine but wasn't in love with him. Sometimes it was good other things bad. I think it got better after 6 weeks. I loved him more and more and it all got easier. Talk to a hv to make sure it's just baby blues and not pnd. Give yourself time and take as much help as possible x

Ps my son and I have an amazing Bond... It will come x

thanks ladybrock for posting this, I have been feeling the same way and feel like a "bad mommy" because I also have frustration.....

I feel better today, i think as time goes on it is gettng slightly easier
Thanks for all your replies xx

could be hormones altho if it gets worse go to ur gp. dont ignore how u feel x

I feel better today, i think as time goes on it is gettng slightly easier
Thanks for all your replies xx

Glad you are feeling a bit better. I have felt in the last couple of days like something has lifted slightly. Hoping all these hormones are settling x

Yea i think first couple weeks are the worst. Still feel grumpy but prob due to tiredness.
Looking forward to bonding more with my boy. Maybe when hes more alert i will

I have been feeling the same way, except weepy all the time as well.

Some things that are helping me:
-getting out of the house once per day, even if just for a drive or walk around the block with the stroller
-having visitors over for short visits
-little projects like baby book, hand prints, etc.
-having the tv on

Agree on the getting out - when we got Home from the hospital my Lil guy threw routine out the window - fed all the time, full of wind, wouldn't sleep in his Moses basket at all and after another 2 week's I had had enough so my hubby and Mum started getting me out the house without baby - it was hard to leave but important for your own sanity, you are still you but with a baby not just Mum!

I see you have a small baby too. Hard worK arent they

Yeah after a while I just cracked between the feeding,changing,hormones and lack of sleep after being in the hospital I couldn't take any more. I felt like a bad mummy. Hubby told me to make sure I had milk in the fridge and go to bed. It takes a while for the sleep to make you feel better but it helps - im slowly learning I cant do everything but that doesnt make me a bad mum x

we will get there x

I had my first night sleep last night. Been doing all night feeds and then oh been going work but cant continue like that so now hes going to help every other night thank god.
I know i shouldnt wish time away but i just want him to be a little bigger so hes a tad easier.
The wind issue is so draining

I am having a nightmare with lo's wind. Especially in the evenings, he will just scream for hours!then wakes in the middle of the night to scream again!very draining x

I find being screamed at the hardest part!

I'm glad you got some rest and help. I find it easier if hubby can just wake and talk while I feed - which can take an hour. Makes me feel less like I have to do it all myself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->