Dont want to do it any more :(

Windy babies i hear you! Bell has been awake pretty much since 3am straining to pass wind. I tried to give her gripe water and she just spat it out. Shes been farting like mad but it seems to take a good 10 mins of grunting first! cant wait for his digestive system to sort itself out.

Ive Nswered the 5 week old baby post have a look!
I think your baby may have silent reflux....
Check it out

It does get better! I had severe PND and was just literally exhausted and not bonding at all. He just screamed nonstop for 8-10 hours straight with maybe 15 minute naps here and there, then sleep maybe an hour, then start all over. But it got better after about 6 weeks, then better again at 2 months, then 3, etc... It took me about 4 months to feel bonded, to be really honest, but I think that is rare. My son is 7 months old now and I can't imagine life without him. :) Keep thinking of the first smiles, playing together, the new things he will learn... It seems like so far away at the time but when you get there, it goes by so quickly, like everyone says.

It is rough but hang in there!! I would mention it to your doctor too. It's good to have that support. I don't know for me if it was from hormones, but I think it was from exhaustion and frustration with trying to do so much. Try to focus on what absolutely 100% needs to be done now and don't worry about anything else, just you and baby, at least for the first couple months. And if you have people around, don't feel bad asking for help!!

I felt really bad about not feeling bonded. I honestly didn't even want to be around him some days and had to force myself. It's a weird feeling and totally not how I expected it would be, but it totally changed and now I love playing with him and feeding him. Though I am still tired sometimes lol. :) But nothing like before.

Thanks. Tbh im feeling better as the weeks go by.
The fog has definetly cleared :)

Ive caught myself feeling the same way occasionally.and even more so the more tired i am.
I hate it because i know overall im blessed with a perfect little girl,but exhaustion can get the best of you.
try to remind yourself its only temporary and you wont be spending the rest of your life changing diapers or feeding him.its a hard thing to remember at 2 in the morning but its true.
i hope youre feeling better soon :hugs:

oh yeah silent reflux what are the symptoms of that? she does strain a lot but after you do hear her farting so i just assumed she had an issue getting it out and it was hurting her tummy?

Arching of back during feed, fussyness, hiccups,sneezing,coughing
Drinking alot or little n often ( soothes the burning feelin)
Grunting and weird breathing noises (especialy at night)

Infant gaviscon is a god send!

Arching of back during feed, fussyness, hiccups,sneezing,coughing
Drinking alot or little n often ( soothes the burning feelin)
Grunting and weird breathing noises (especialy at night)

Infant gaviscon is a god send!

This sounds similar to Jacob!!!!

Deff the baby blues and just hormones. If it lasts a lot longer and gets intense then it could be PPD and you should let your doc know. I had this in 2 of my 5 pregnancies. In this one though, I feel out of it and snappy. Not too depressed but then again I only had my baby 3 days ago so I still have 2 weeks to go before I can really know for sure how I truly feel. A lot of craps been going on though so that plays a huge part. It does get better though. I had it bad with my first and 3rd and finally came out of it.

2 weeks is right!
After two weeks i drasticaly felt better.
Defo baby blues!
Just starting to bond with him now i think. It helps hes more awake and cooing at me :)

2 weeks is right!
After two weeks i drasticaly felt better.
Defo baby blues!
Just starting to bond with him now i think. It helps hes more awake and cooing at me :)

:hugs: I'm so happy to hear that. Yeah, the baby blues can be tricky because they can sometimes pass for PPD but if it's gone within two weeks then you should be okay. Just don't ever ignore these feelings, especially if you begin to feel that way again. It doesn't make you a failure or a bad mom, either. I had it so severe with my first. It hit me the day after I had her and I remember having family members come to the hospital to see us and they all took pictures with her and I stayed out of every single one of them. I felt like running out of the room. When we got home I took a shower and found myself crying my eyes out for no apparent reason. DH would take care of her while I knocked out every night at 7pm. He'd try to wake me up and put her in my face to remind me of her and I'd push them both away. I couldn't stand being alone with her and every time she cried I panicked. I also felt like everything was a routine and it wasn't what I anticipated. The main thing is remembering that when there's a newborn in the house, routine is key so the thing would be to find a way to accept it but make it something easy and exciting. I know how hard it really is. But hang in there, and you sound like you're doing a whole lot better so that's a great thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->