Doopler

Gemmalou81

Reaction score
Hi

Iv just moved over from 1st tri. I was wondering what people think about getting a doppler? Iv had 3 mc in past and have bled through this preg so far! Everytime I bleed it's in the middle of the night and I can't do anything but wait till morning . I want to get a Doppler so that if it happens again I can check for my babys heartbeat, but the other side to it is,is say if I can't find it!!!!

What do you think?? Xxxx

Ive had a mc and I have a doppler and it is a godsend. I was only going to hire it for a month and now 3 months later I still have it!
I check on baby every night almost, it really sets my mind at rest and ive never not been able to find it apart from in the early days

I too have miscarried and have a doppler. There were times earlier on when it made me more stressed out because I couldn't find the heartbeat, but when I could it made all the difference. You are further on, so shouldn't have to worry too much about not being able to find it (til in a couple of weeks baby keeps moving - but then it helps you hear that too). I would definitely recommend it. I got mine off ebay for £17 and I think it was well worth it for the reassurance.

hi it was the best thing i ever got :) at this stage u should be able to find it quite easily just promise ure self u wont get upset if u cant find it as it will take practice :) good luck xxxxxx

I have a doppler but didn't find bubs until 15 weeks so was v panicked when I read about everyone else here talking about how they heard the heartbeat from 11 weeks!

the best thing i have bought i use mine almost everyday it realy puts my mind at ease!! defo recomend getting one x

I have a doppler and a previous miscarriage!! I check on baby every night even though baby is moving around like mad now !:)

I really want one too but unsure as to what type/make are the best? Anyone got any good reccomendations? x

I got a doppler at week 10 and was so happy to have it. I had a scare at week 12 and was able to find the HB to reassure me. It was the best investment ever. I got mine second hand on Ebay for less than $50 (a Hi-Bebe). It didn't have ultrasound gel with it but I had expired Aloe Vera gel at home and used that and it worked just fine.

When you find the HB, it is very reassuring, but if you can't, it doesn't mean something is wrong.

I'm 20 weeks and sometimes I have a really hard time finding her heartbeat, but she does go nuts when I have it on -kicking and rolling, so it makes me feel better :) I try not to get too concerned with hearing the heartbeat, as the package it came in clearly says best if used in 3rd tri. :flower:

I havent bought a doppler with either of my pregnancies, I did have a loss before my first DD and i figured it would just turned me into a paranoid wreck which is why I havent. But I think its down to your personal opinion and whats best for you, some ladies find it very reassuring and others get into great panic if they struggle to find LO's HB.

xx

i had a summer one which turned out not to be a doppler but an amplified, but today my Angel sounds arrived! I found babys hb first time and was so excited! Hubby managed to count it as it was going to fast for me to even try. We worked out its roughly 140bpm. I love it and so glad i bought it. £20 of amazon with free delivery just now x

i had a summer one which turned out not to be a doppler but an amplified, but today my Angel sounds arrived! I found babys hb first time and was so excited! Hubby managed to count it as it was going to fast for me to even try. We worked out its roughly 140bpm. I love it and so glad i bought it. £20 of amazon with free delivery just now x

I bought mine from amazon too!! The angel sounds one,!! Gave in an bought one thanks to all you ladies!!!! Xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->