Doppler Arrived Today ! - Help

TTC LADY

Reaction score
I received my Angelsounds doppler today and depsite trying for over 30 mins have not managed to find the heartbeat.

I did find a HB to the left of my naval area, but it was too slow to be the baby's so assume I found my own. Also heard lots of whoosing type noices but no galloping horses :cry::cry:

Help ladies - where should I be positioning it - I assume it should be around the naval area ????

Try just above your pubic area...thats where mine was at 22 weeks, sometimes just under where my ovaries are too...she likes hiding! Good luck on finding it!

Heya hun
unfortunately, it's nowhere near the navel area.
you need to try much lower - so just above the public bone.
If you feel your lower tummy, the sort of line where your tummy starts to get bigger really low down is where you're likely to hear it - not to far from the centre, but can be either side of the centre.
Whooshing can be digestion or placenta, but placenta is likely to be quite low.
good luck and let us know!

yes, I've never found baby higher than about an inch below my belly button and usually he is right above the public bone. sometimes I have to position the doppler (mine is also an Angel Sounds) right into my hip bone.

Hi! I had no luck with my doppler either when I first got it, I spent ages - hours in total, and obsessively trying to find it with no luck. As it turned out I was trying way too low down, and baby was just an inch below my belly button (that was at 13weeks). Now I can find as soon as I put it on, and I do it on a really really full bladder. Just be patient, relax and take your time, cover every inch of your bump til you do (thats what I did, see what I mean about obsessing :blush:), and do it slowly just incase you go past it, you will find it hun and you will know straight away when you have! Good luck hun :D x

Hi!
I found my heart beat to the left and right groin area, I measured the speed then put it on my heart and matched it up so I always knew which was my heartbeat.

I have been pretty lucky finding the baby but the other day it took me AGES!!!! As the baby moves a lot you sometimes hear a second or two of it's fast heartbeat then it goes away.

My baby seems to be really low down, well below my belly button, much closer to the pubic bone.

You will find it and it'll be amazing!

Yes, like the other girls said, try much much lower and slowly move the doppler. I use bio oil rather than gel too. I also use ipod headphones as they are much clearer and louder, the ones you get are cheap rubbish with the doppler.

Even at your stage hon, go low just above the pubic bone and angle it slowly around. You'll find it. Make sure the volume is up and you have plenty of gel. Don't panic.

I have the angelsounds one and i struggled to find it for ages. Now i find it really low down just above my pubic bone to the left or right, never central. iv noticed the last couple of times ive not been able to find it ive needed a poo, and once ive been, there it is, the heartbeat wooshing away!!

Its weird coz I see that girls always say try lower but when my MW does mine she is only a few cm's below my belly button :)

Thank you to everyone..... Just tried again, much lower down near the pubic bone, and there it was galloping away :happydance:.

Can sleep easy now.

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Its weird coz I see that girls always say try lower but when my MW does mine she is only a few cm's below my belly button :)

That's what I wondered, mw did that yesterday, but my doppler needs to be lower!

The whooshing sound that sounds kinda like a pulse will be the placenta.

Try lower down and angle the head of the doppler wand towards your hoo-hoo ... I found better results at this angle.

Sometimes mine likes to hide in the right hand side of my womb .. today she was smack in the middle kicking me in to next week lol.

It just takes a little bit of practice, don't be disheartened yet. Make sure you use lots of gel and move it really slowly. :hug:

My doppler came with a tip sheet. It read the following:

1. A very easy way to find the heartbeat is to take your Doppler with you to your next prenatal appointment. Your OB or midwife can help you locate your baby's heartbeat and provide you with helpful doppler tips!!

2. Start your doppler in line with the belly button right above the pubic hair. As pregnancy progresses, your doppler will find the heartbeat higher up the abdomen.

3. Move doppler probe VERY slowly – it is quite easy to scan over the heartbeat.

4. Tilt the doppler probe downward toward the pubic bone.

5. Be sure to use plenty of Doppler lotion.

6. It is common for the doppler to pick up the heartbeat in two places. You may hear the same heartbeat a few inches apart – do not be alarmed. Physicians listen for a difference in two heartbeats to determine if there are two fetuses.

7. A full bladder my help.

7. You may pick up your own heartbeat while looking for the babys. Your heartbeat will be below 100 BPM. If you get a reading over 200, this is most likely also your heartbeat. The Dopplers are very sensitive and early in the pregnancy its not uncommon for the doppler to "hear" the opening and closing of your heat calves and display this as a reading over 200. This will happen less often as your babys heart grows and becomes louder.

wooo well done :wohoo:

I found mine striaght away at 12+ weeks but I had read up on where to look. I had to literally smoosh it down into my lower belly, just above my pubic bone and angle it slightly.

Now you know where it is you will have no trouble, especially at 22w :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"