Doppler for babies heartbeat

KDmomof3

Reaction score
My next midwife appointment is 3 weeks from today and she will be listening for baby at that appointment. I will be 8 weeks 4 days along. I don't remember when i first heard my 1st baby its been 6 1/2 years since then. With my other 2 kiddos i had early ultrasounds and saw everything.

My midwife for this pregnancy is very old school, i have a feeling i wont be getting an ultrasound for a while.

Just want to make sure i hear baby, i dont want to worry endlessly! :shrug:

Dopplers often can detect at around 9 weeks without much time...but before then it may take a while to detect it. Getting a transvaginal us allows you to hear it sooner.

I'm surprised your midwife will look for the HB at 8+4 as here in the UK they don't generally check until 16 weeks now (sometimes 10-12). Doppler can detect HB from weeks I've seen online. I hope to get to hear your little ones!:D

At 9 weeks my doc spent quite some time looking for a heartbeat but could not find it. It was hard not to worry, but thankfully my ultrasound a week later revealed all was well. Just try not to be discouraged if you don't hear it. 8w4d sounds very early to me!

Thanks ladies.
I hope she can pick up the heartbeat. It is early, but I really want to stay with her for my entire pregnancy even tho i miss OBGYN for the face they do an early ultrasound for due dates. Ugh! She delivered my son for my home birth vba2c. I changed over to her at 36 weeks along because i didnt want a 3rd csection. She was amazing.

Like i said. I'd love an early scan tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->