Doppler question about hb..

wheelz23

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
So, when I use my doppler I find a heartbeat (sounds exactly like the heartbeat at the office) and it's around 160-170 somewhere in there. I stumbled across an article yesterday about how sometimes we hear the umbilical cord? So i guess my question is, if i'm hearing something that's about that high on heartbeat, that IS the baby right? Like I have been using that as a relief finder, and now I feel like whatever I'm hearing might not even be the baby and that makes me sad! I want to hear my little peanut. I know I can't depend on it, but that was giving me relief!

It sounds like it's the heartbeat. The umbilical cord always seemed different to me. I think it was slower and IIRC, it had more of a whooshing sound.

I agree with the above... the cord sounds more "whooshy" to me lol.. the heart is a galloping fast beat.

thank you both!! I hate when you tell people you've found the heartbeat and they are like "you're only 10 weeks you can't hear it.." my mom's a nurse and she even said it was the heartbeat. I just love when people act like you're nuts!

ive been listening to my baby since 8 weeks.. it is so possible! enjoy!!

Have a look on YouTube, I remember there being a video where lady shows you what all the different noises are xx

Yes the cord has a whoosh and the heart has a double beat, like a gallop :) it can be hard to find a clear double beat early though, I didn't till 13-14 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->